Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Ability to edit User Report after submitting

Post by jwkilgore
I thought I'd suggested this before but couldn't find it. So I'm suggesting it here.

It would be immensely beneficial to allow the originator to edit a report after submitting it.

Examples:
- While passing a wreck you submit a basic report then concentrate on the now much faster driving speeds. A few minutes later while at a traffic light you can add text info such as "right shoulder", change from "Minor" to "Major", etc.
- Right after submitting a report you realize you made a mistake. Maybe the police car is hidden instead of visible; maybe the "accident" vehicles start driving again.
- You accidentally submit the wrong type of report. You should be able to either change it or even to delete it.

I'd still love the ability to tweak the location of a report, but that has been requested again and again and doesn't appear forthcoming.
jwkilgore

POSTER_ID:2171258

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee

Post by AndyPoms
Waze already has a similar function. Hit Report, select the type - no do nothing. See the Later button with the count down ticking away? You can either hit later, or just wait for the countdown to end. This will store the report for you to finish later. NOTE: You can only store ONE report at at time.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by jwkilgore
Here's another idea. TPTB at Waze still insist that you can only report something where you are physically located. What about the ability to "re-set" the location of the report?

Hit to submit a report and enter all the information. Add one button that will allow you to change the report location to where you are when you hit it. This would work great in accident back-ups. While sitting in traffic you can start a report and enter all the information you want (which lane is blocked, etc.), take pictures, whatever. Then as you're passing the accident hit the "change location" button to change the report location from where ever you started to where you are now. The report has useful information for people behind you, and is not centered in the correct location.
jwkilgore
Send a message
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c

Post by jwkilgore
AndyPoms wrote:NOTE: You can only store ONE report at at time.
Which is why this option doesn't work for me. I very commonly pass some incident that I'd like to report but don't get an opportunity to stop until much later. As an example, a hidden speed camera in an unmarked SUV is common in one spot on my commute. One of those where they take a picture of your license plate and send you a bill later. It's on a main road immediately before I get on the interstate. If I get stopped at the light at the on ramp I can type in "speed camera white SUV rt shoulder" before hitting Send. If I don't get stopped the next chance I get to stop is about 20 minutes later as I'm pulling in at work. That means the report is old; the SUV is probably still there recording tickets, but 20 minutes worth of commuters have already passed by without warning. Plus I can't submit any other report until this one is finished.
jwkilgore
Send a message
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c