If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Add maximum speeds

Post by MJepson
One thing I have always appreciated in various navigation systems, is the fact that they show you the maximum speed for the road you're on. I'm one of those guys who doesn't read signs too much (there's too much of them here in the Netherlands, so you learn to ignore them), but this also results in me guessing the maximum allowed speed.
It could just be something that users can enter when updating the map on their computer, just like the name of the street.

I would very much appreciate the addition and I would be willing to add the information to most of the streets in my home town (at least the ones for which I know it).

Regards,
Michael
MJepson

POSTER_ID:14664651

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Cuozzo Speed Technologies seems to be suing a bunch of players that display when you are exceeding the speed limit based on location data. At the very least waze may wait for the outcome as Garmin, Tom-Tom and GM try to beat back these suits.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by dmcconachie
Please search the forum, this has been discussed many times. It is far more difficult to implement than most appreciate.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by MJepson
Sorry about that, I have been searching the forums, but it comes up with a lot of results when searching for "maximum speed", and I didn't see one relating to this idea.
But it shouldn't be that difficult I think? At least, not more difficult than showing the name of the current street.
MJepson
Send a message
Last edited by MJepson on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by MJepson
And I just discovered the proper English term is "Speed limit" (I'm not a native English speaker), which will give me the right results.
Again, sorry for reposting the same idea.
MJepson
Send a message