If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Various Feature Requests

Post by remydog
I searched to see if these were elsewhere, but couldn't find anything. I apologize in advance if these are already posted somewhere.

I have been using the program for a few weeks now and recently on a very long road trip to visit colleges. I love it, but it has some drawbacks compared to other navigation programs, including my Pioneer NAV system and Google Maps. However, on balance, I like the feature set better than the others. So here are some improvements to make Waze really stand out.

1) The "next turn" box at the top of the map is very useful, except when the next turn is a long distance away - say more than 5 or 10 miles. It would be nice if it would minimize somehow when desired or when a long distance, but with the ability to quickly pull up the next instruction if desired.

2) When hazards or police are reported ahead, Waze gives very little time to confirm the sighting after passing the location. Best if it would leave the confirmation window on screen a bit longer AND if it had a way to indicate that the item is still there. Keep in mind that if there is a hazard or other object of interest, it might be difficult for a driver to turn his attention to Waze to confirm the report for a while after passing the location. Currently choices are only "Not There" and "Thanks."

3) Add an optional compass to point out direction of travel.

4) Add a map scale, again optional or only appearing on a tap and then disappearing.

5) If I'm stuck in traffic and I want to scroll ahead to see how far the road is red or orange, it would be nice if Waze would tell me how far away from my current location I have scrolled up the road.

6) Indicate what street I am travelling on and what town I am currently in.

7) A way to repeat the last voice command in case I missed it or need it repeated.

8) Ability to create a route or series of routes at my PC and import them into my phone - as where I am taking an extended road trip.
remydog

POSTER_ID:14488857

Send a message