If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Re-working Roundabouts

Post by neko22
Hi,
I have a suggestion for reworking how roundabouts are created and edited. Probably mentioned before, but I thought I'd stick it here just in case.
--------------------------------

The current way is to select a junction, and click Turn Into Roundabout. You choose the size, and click done, and it creates the roads in a circular shape, splitting by roads that overlap the roundabout.

I am proposing that when the roundabout is created, the roundabout's roads retain a sense of belonging to the roundabout object, so that the roundabout is its own object, rather than individual roads. Thus, you could later move / resize the roundabout without having to select each road and alter the geometry, and have the non-roundabout roads re-join up to the roundabout after it is moved.

Oh, and the ability to create oval shaped roundabouts would be good, because not every roundabout is a perfect circle...

Regards,
- Matt
neko22

POSTER_ID:205272

Send a message
UK • iPhone 3G • Area Manager for Baldock, North Herts

Post by Backslash
That's a really good suggestion. I also vote for it. ;)
Backslash
Send a message
Gruss Backslash

Area Manager Hochdorf, Luzern und Umgebung (CH)
HTC Desire (Android 2.2)

Post by hodgetts
I second this - I'm finding lots of roundabouts where they are either the wrong size on the map, or in the wrong place. In either case I am yet to find a simple way to adjust them. I am finding that deleting the roundabout and starting again can be the easiest, but still time consuming risky that you miss a special road setup when recreating.

If you create a uservoice entry I'll happily vote for it.
hodgetts
Send a message
UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by hodgetts
Credit to Matt for this suggestion, I've just created the following uservoice entry:

http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225- ... oundabouts

Please vote for it
hodgetts
Send a message
UK • iPhone 4 • Area Manager for South Staffordshire, Wolverhampton, Tamworth, West Midlands and M6 corridor

Post by neko22
Voted ;)
neko22
Send a message
UK • iPhone 3G • Area Manager for Baldock, North Herts