Feature Request - HOV Deselect

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Feature Request - HOV Deselect

Postby AndyPoms » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 pm

Waze does not currently support HOV lanes in any manner. HOWEVER, if they are mapped properly Waze should not route on them, only detect you are on them and the route you accordingly. See http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/HOV for more information.
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby CBenson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 pm

HOV support is a feature that waze needs.

Note that waze should not route on pure HOV only lanes in the DC region, for instance the HOV lanes on 395. However, there is no current way to indicate to waze that roads are HOV at some times but not others, thus no current support for 66. The express lanes on 495 are HOT lanes. If you want to waze to avoid them, set your setting to avoid toll roads.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby smangerer » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 pm

There is a similar thread about HOV which I started due to this same problem however it seems to have been fixed in my area.

I really do think that we need a check-box for Carpooling when selecting our destination.
smangerer

Feature Request - HOV Deselect

Postby stvnlinda » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Please consider a feature that allows you to deselect routing on HOV/Express lanes. Waze likes to route me on HOV lanes as primary when I am not HOV eligible and would like to see alternate routing close to the HOV primary route (e.g. getting from Arlington VA to the Beltway but not using I-66 which is HOV during peak hours). Here in DC Metro area avoiding HOV routes is a big issue for us.
stvnlinda

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests