Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Feature Request - HOV Deselect

Post by stvnlinda
Please consider a feature that allows you to deselect routing on HOV/Express lanes. Waze likes to route me on HOV lanes as primary when I am not HOV eligible and would like to see alternate routing close to the HOV primary route (e.g. getting from Arlington VA to the Beltway but not using I-66 which is HOV during peak hours). Here in DC Metro area avoiding HOV routes is a big issue for us.
stvnlinda

POSTER_ID:5710706

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Waze does not currently support HOV lanes in any manner. HOWEVER, if they are mapped properly Waze should not route on them, only detect you are on them and the route you accordingly. See http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/HOV for more information.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CBenson
HOV support is a feature that waze needs.

Note that waze should not route on pure HOV only lanes in the DC region, for instance the HOV lanes on 395. However, there is no current way to indicate to waze that roads are HOV at some times but not others, thus no current support for 66. The express lanes on 495 are HOT lanes. If you want to waze to avoid them, set your setting to avoid toll roads.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by smangerer
There is a similar thread about HOV which I started due to this same problem however it seems to have been fixed in my area.

I really do think that we need a check-box for Carpooling when selecting our destination.
smangerer
Send a message