Reporting weather hazard

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Reporting weather hazard

Postby BGS51 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:32 am

From my knowledge picking which lane you are reporting for is optional and more for other hazards such as road kill.
BGS51

Postby davipt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:24 pm

dvanepps wrote:I'd suggest getting rid of weather completely. When the entire state is getting hit by rain or snow, the last thing I need is twenty pop-ups during my commute to tell me it's raining or snowing. Come on folks, how desperate are you for points??? If the entire region is covered by rain or snow, we really don't need you to tell us that every 5 minutes.

I guess in your country you don't have rain walls or whatever it's called in English, where it rains for a block of some meters/couple of km and then you cross it and stops.

Or roads that have snow because it wasn't yet cleaned up.

Or flood areas.

Or localised foggy areas.

Don't mix up people reporting "it's raining all over the country" with reports in localised dangerou
s areas
Bruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ | Coordinator and Manager for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby dvanepps » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:13 pm

I'd suggest getting rid of weather completely. When the entire state is getting hit by rain or snow, the last thing I need is twenty pop-ups during my commute to tell me it's raining or snowing. Come on folks, how desperate are you for points??? If the entire region is covered by rain or snow, we really don't need you to tell us that every 5 minutes.
dvanepps

Reporting weather hazard

Postby GiancarloG » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi,

I'd like to suggest an update for reporting weather hazard...

When someone wants to report a weather hazard (fog, rain, hail, etc...), they shouldn't have to select which lane it affects because it seems logical that both lanes would be affected (unless opposite lanes were miles apart!).

Maybe it could also include a feature of knowing how wide the area affected by the weather hazard is by allowing the user to select when it starts along their route and when it ends (maybe leave a prompt open in the map for when the weather hazard stops so that the user doesn't forget to report it).

Regards,
Giancarlo Giuliano
Area Manager Level 4
Quito - Ecuador
GiancarloG

Postby hockeycat » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Another suggestion would be to add High Winds and Dust Storm to the weather options. Yes, not every area gets them, but I don't (often) get snow in Phoenix. (We did in February. That was... Odd.)
hockeycat

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests