Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Reporting weather hazard

Post by GiancarloG
Hi,

I'd like to suggest an update for reporting weather hazard...

When someone wants to report a weather hazard (fog, rain, hail, etc...), they shouldn't have to select which lane it affects because it seems logical that both lanes would be affected (unless opposite lanes were miles apart!).

Maybe it could also include a feature of knowing how wide the area affected by the weather hazard is by allowing the user to select when it starts along their route and when it ends (maybe leave a prompt open in the map for when the weather hazard stops so that the user doesn't forget to report it).

Regards,
GiancarloG
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:14335779

Send a message
Giancarlo Giuliano
Country Manager / Editor Level 5
Guayaquil - ECUADOR

Post by BGS51
From my knowledge picking which lane you are reporting for is optional and more for other hazards such as road kill.
BGS51
Send a message

Post by dvanepps
I'd suggest getting rid of weather completely. When the entire state is getting hit by rain or snow, the last thing I need is twenty pop-ups during my commute to tell me it's raining or snowing. Come on folks, how desperate are you for points??? If the entire region is covered by rain or snow, we really don't need you to tell us that every 5 minutes.
dvanepps
Send a message

Post by hockeycat
Another suggestion would be to add High Winds and Dust Storm to the weather options. Yes, not every area gets them, but I don't (often) get snow in Phoenix. (We did in February. That was... Odd.)
hockeycat
Send a message