Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Option to Describe Map Fix in Editor

Post by DecoyFlyer
In the map editor I see the options to report the problem as: Open, Solved or Not Identified.

It would be useful to have a place to describe the problem. As an example, there is a location that has been automatically flagged in my area as people not following the suggested route, the turns for the suggested route are all accurate so there is technically nothing to fix, so the problem should not be Open, yet with nothing to fix it should not be Solved in it's current state. The issue, I have identified is as follows... (So it should not be marked not identified.)

The reason people don't follow the route is that the system is directing them to go down a small residential street, when they prefer to go down a major street a block away. (Not sure if the routing can be fixed.) But, there is no way to report that in the map editor.
DecoyFlyer

POSTER_ID:14386416

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There are two things planned for the editor: 1) a notes field for all objects, and 2) a "signpost" or map note object which can be used to make more visible, a note about a specific area.

Probably wont be available for a few months.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by DecoyFlyer
Thank you for the quick reply.

It is good to know that these things are being worked on, even if it will take some time.
DecoyFlyer
Send a message