If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Possible Improvements for App

Post by cycle201
I was thinking of some improvements for the mobile app.

1- Possibly adding the option for AM's (Area managers) to add traffic lights to map, You say why? I was thinking Only have the option for the Managers to add and the Waze traffic Computer can calculate through GPS how long the average driver sits at these lights and then calculate the real time it takes to get from point A to B.

2-Have the approval like you have now for LIVE police that says not here or Thanks, have the same for red light cameras or road block,etc,,,Maybe something like TRUE and FALSE

Just a thought,
Cycle201 ;)
cycle201

POSTER_ID:3903787

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
1) While Waze does not track Traffic Lights, Waze does know the "time to turn" (or go straight) at each intersection. This, like the speed data for the segment, is kept in 10-15 minute chunks for the entire day. Waze takes the "time to turn" into account when routing.

2) The popup that comes up while driving for Police (or Hazard, etc) does contain "Not There" and "Thanks". Be aware that this pop-up only happens when one is travelling in the direction the report was created for (so if you are travelling north & the officer was reported by someone travelling south and they didn't use the "other side" option, you won't get the report). Please note, the "other side" option does not work for divided roads (like the Interstate Highways in the US).
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by cycle201
Understood, Thank you, But the Red light camera only has the NOT THERE button, and a very tiny x in the corner and I was thinking in my first post that most people might just hit the not there and thereby downgrading the camera and thats the current issue im having in my area.
cycle201
Send a message