System status announcements directly in app?

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: System status announcements directly in app?

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Totally agree. I talked with Shirli about this over lunch at the US meetup in March and basically said the same things: when there are serious problems affecting users, utilize the two current touchpoints users have to Waze, which is the App and the Editor.

The main place all communications/notifications are posted is supposed to be status.waze.com, but even that isn't always kept updated. Good communication is something Waze has struggled with for years, especially when it comes to current issues. It's as if they don't want to publicize that there are problems.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | Oregon Project/To-Do List
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 7.0.6 | Waze v3.7.9.992
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

System status announcements directly in app?

Postby cpragman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 pm

So a few days ago, the NA maps were messed up, and people were getting all kinds of crazy routing recommendations from waze. I was one of those affected.

I wrote about it on the forums here when I got home, and the response was that waze had been tweeting about it all day. Sorry, but to me it doesn't seem realistic that all waze users should be expected to monitor waze tweets (or these forums) to know that waze is having a bad day.

Perhaps the developers can implement a "serious system announcements" feature into the waze app. When the waze app is launched on the device, an urgent system status message can be displayed. This would let users know that there are problems, and take appropriate action (such as don't trust waze routing directions today).

These messages would have to be infrequent, and limited to serious issues with the system.
cpragman

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests