If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Suggestion: Option for Toll Highway or not

Post by efox
In some cities, they have free highways and others you pay for. I work just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and all highways there are free, EXCEPT one.

There should be an option such as avoid highways that is used for if you want to go on a toll road/highway or not. Because in my particular case, when waze determines my route, the first option is through the toll highway. The alternative is to drive through some of the free highways, and then jump back onto the toll highway towards the end.
efox

POSTER_ID:383931

Send a message

Post by Buckwylds
In all honestly, this should be implemented. There should also be an option to "Avoid Toll Roads."
Buckwylds
Send a message

Post by Buckwylds
Sounds great Ori, and Thank you.
Buckwylds
Send a message

Post by support
efox wrote:In some cities, they have free highways and others you pay for. I work just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and all highways there are free, EXCEPT one.

There should be an option such as avoid highways that is used for if you want to go on a toll road/highway or not. Because in my particular case, when waze determines my route, the first option is through the toll highway. The alternative is to drive through some of the free highways, and then jump back onto the toll highway towards the end.
hi y'all!

in some countries "avoid toll roads" option is available and working.
in the near future we will add an option to mark roads as "toll roads" in the cartouche.
at first, users will have the ability to marks these roads as toll roads. afterwards we will add
the option to avoid these roads using waze on your mobile devices.

thanks,

Ori.
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by TK80866
I agree, butttt... I think it would be better if you added to this official suggestion list so people can vote on it: http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223- ... our-phone-
TK80866
Send a message
Had a lot of outdated stuff here.. I should be more active, I guess ;)