If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Might be a dumb question...

Post by wattpuppy
Hi all! I'm brand new to the Waze community and this topic has probably come up but I didn't find anything with my searches. Could Waze be installed on a Magellan GPS unit? Or any other that runs WM5/6? I know it wouldn't have a data connection so the points would be inaccurate. Don't some GPS units have bluetooth abilities. Could the unit be paired with a phone and share the data connection when connected?
wattpuppy

POSTER_ID:543119

Send a message

Post by deeggo
Hi, Waze can be installed on a WM device, but will need a gps unit there (maybe external gps works, don't know). But without data connection, what's your purpose? Waze needs one to unleash its full potential.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by wattpuppy
The thought was to have an always on (as long as the car is running) Waze navigation unit. Bigger screen would be a bonus. Not needing to start Waze everytime I get in the car. It was also a thought that the nav unit could be taken out and sync'd with waze.com utilizing usb through a pc. But then I thought of the units I've seen with bluetooth support. Could it be setup to tether off the phone through bluetooth (although I doubt that would be automatic)?
wattpuppy
Send a message

Post by wattpuppy
Something like this unit...
http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-3-5-Inch-W ... B003DZ14EU
with wifi hotspot connectivity. You could then tether to a phone with wifi and use it's data connection. Just some thoughts from a newbie.
wattpuppy
Send a message