If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

I need to change my username

Post by world_5aeuq7zx
Ok, I really need your help on this:

First time I logged in tha app I used the "connect with Facebook" option and my world_5aeuq7zx username was created; I changed the default pass and I have been used that username to edit the map of the area where I live (which I applied to be manager) and to post in forums and check my dashboard statistics.

When I applied to be area manager I was rejected since my username is a temporary one and they told me how to get a permanente one; the problem is that I cannot change my username into a permanent one, in fact I created another account (shougoamakusa) but I could not find a way to pass my data and statistics from world_5aeuq7zx to shougoamakusa. That is why I just filled the form asking the deletion of shougoamakusa account.

So since I dont want to lose my progress with world_5aeuq7zx could you help me to change my username? I would like to use shougoamakusa

I assume you must delete the shougoamakusa account first to be able to use that username in my world_5aeuq7zx account that is why I filled and sent the proper form to give you permission to delete that account.

Thanks for your time and I hope to receive an answer soon
world_5aeuq7zx

POSTER_ID:15602557

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
See this thread (starting with the linked post): http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 20#p389749
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by jasonh300
Okay...good to hear that people are finally getting this to work properly.

I'm going to post the link to the thread with the actual info in it, and lock it, since this is mostly chatter here and has been repeated in the other thread.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31834&start=20#p389749
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Try '_world' in the Quick Help. ;)
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Mynios
Welcome again! :mrgreen:
Mynios
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by shougoamakusa1
Hello I am old world_5aeuq7zx and as you can see this is my brand new username :-) thank you very much for your help I really appreciated it, I lost email data here in the forum but I could afford that.

Regards.
shougoamakusa1
Send a message
Hay momentos donde debes elegir entre lo correcto y lo fácil...

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by world_5aeuq7zx
Ok, I'm following the instructions, but I have a doubt:

"- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- login into the client with that username
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account."

Ok, I logged in again with facebook then entered the new username, pass and nickname; but in the next step which account I have to use for logging in the forum and clear all cookies? The new one I just created or the oldie world one I had it??? I think in the final step I must use the new one, but in the previous step it is not crystal clear. Could you help me?

Thanks and regards.
world_5aeuq7zx
Send a message