If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

A few statistics.

Post by unwallflower
Man. I alternately agree and disagree with your points here, so I'm not sure what to say.

If you read the blog, you'll see that they have provided their reasoning behind the different release times for the various platforms. It makes sense. And whether the iPhone is losing market share or not, it is clearly easier to develop for because of the relative continuity between phone models (when compared to Android).

Waze is stable on my Android phone. No crashing, no force closing, no problems whatsoever. Probably the LEAST problematic app I have on my phone. I realize that a lot of android users are having problems with this version, but it's not ALL of us.

I think it's logical for them to develop one really functional version of the application and then migrate it over to other platforms. Otherwise they would likely be spread too thin... and if waze was buggy on all platforms then people would really lose interest, don't you think?

Do I wish that they would choose Android as their guinea pig? Heck yes... but developing for the iPhone first is more logical. I think you're placing a little too much weight on market share, especially when we're talking about a free application.

I agree that the servers seem to be a problem. I'm very frustrated that at least 100 miles of one of my routes was mysteriously *lost* (and that's the only one I've noticed, who knows what I haven't caught). I'm frustrated that sometimes points don't update, and MORE frustrated that sometimes routes don't update for a long time, because this means I can't edit those newly traveled areas in Cartouche. As a result, I rarely spend time editing the map anymore. I wish they would fix these problems.

I also agree that a paid version of the app isn't a terrible idea... but it is a bit flawed. What would be the difference between the two? Waze is so great because it connects everyone to information that they need. I fear that if there were two versions, the free version would eventually suffer... and that would make users lose interest as well.

Maybe they should hire more people. I know, hire me! :lol: In all reality though, they're a start up company. I'm pretty sure they would hire more people if it was financially possible.
unwallflower

POSTER_ID:319795

Send a message