Suggestion - Dynamic scaling

If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Moderator: Unholy

Postby BrutusNL » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Dragon4901 wrote:I would like it better if it would just stay at the scale I set it to,
+1 for this one. Same thing happens when you stopped at a traffic light and nearby reports come in. Is zooms and pans to the area of the report and when I start driving again it doesn't return to my previously set zoom.
BrutusNL

Re: Suggestion - Dynamic scaling

Postby Dragon4901 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:22 pm

I would like it better if it would just stay at the scale I set it to, but if I'm using it for route guidance, every time I pass a major intersection it zooms out to show me the entire route, which shows up as a purple line on a tan field with no streets visible. If I'm in traffic I want to know when the next point I can turn off, and if it is a dead end or not, I don't need to see my exact location from outer-space.
Dragon4901

Postby gerben » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:09 am

Then you should turn off the autozoom option.
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
ImageImageImageImage
gerben
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby GVDub » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:20 pm

When you're on the freeway/highway you mostly want a larger scale to see further ahead. On surface streets, generally you want more detail and don't need so see several miles ahead. What would be a great feature would be the ability to scale the map according to your speed/road type. Example, above 50 mph/75kmh zoom the map out a bit, and under 40 zoom the map in. Implementation would be a preference setting that could offer the ability to set scaling per individual tastes or turn it off.
GVDub

Postby unwallflower » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 pm

This is actually the most voted on feature on waze's uservoice page: http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59223- ... our-phone-

Check it out and vote!
unwallflower

Return to Website & Community Issues and Requests