If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Suggestion: "Weather mood"

Post by Plague
I was thinking about something to show weather around you while driving. I guess it should be a fast thing, like the mood, and when you disconnect, it could generate something like a report...
Follow my Idea: I'm driving a route, and it begins to rain. I change my "weather mood" to "raining". Someone behind me sees my avatar with a rain icon, and knows that where I am, it's raining. Then, I arrive at my destination, and turn off waze (it's still raining). Some other user connects, and sees that where I arrived, let's say 20 minutes ago, there's a report saying it's raining. Someone else could comment the report saying whether it's still raining or not, and keep the report alive. That user could then decide to change road, or keep going, seeing the weather icon on users on different roads. The report should be active for an hour at last, just to avoid too many reports.
That's my "insane" idea, if someone has something to add... Please say it! :)
Plague

POSTER_ID:47550

Send a message

Post by grebble
Or even simpler, Waze could pick up the local weather conditions from Accuweather or something like that, and show an icon accordingly. That way no interaction is required and hands can stay on the wheel :-)
grebble
Send a message
Area manager: East Northants, West Cambs and Peterborough, UK
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Android 4.0.4), Waze v3.0.2.8

Post by Plague
I was thinking to avoid official weather portals like accuweather or yahoo, because they're often not precise. It should be like something different, not forecasts, just... "I don't know about the next town, or even the next block. This is the weather, here and now."
Plague
Send a message

Post by zCougar
I don't think you should change your mood but "weather report" would be interesting idea though. We can add many options like "rain", "fog", "snow", "ice" etc. Still not sure what to do after report is sent out ;-)

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis