Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Roundabouts

Post by Chrisjw
Ive not been using the 'Route' function for a while, but had it on the other day. I see that the icon for roundabouts has the little arrows going anticlockwise, but roundabouts in the UK go clockwise!
The routing arrows are correct, as is the exit info, but the graphic is starting to annoy!

Any way of setting it to be country specific?
Chrisjw

POSTER_ID:324094

Send a message

Post by Chrisjw
My GPS has a good lock, and country is set up properly.
If I set a route and then look at the navigation list, is also shows the roundabouts going the wrong way (anticlockwise).

Anyone else found this? Have I got a setting strange, or is it just that not many countries have roundabouts that go clockwise?
Chrisjw
Send a message

Post by Chrisjw
Yes, I'm also on the iPhone app. Forgot that may help!
Chrisjw
Send a message

Post by Mozstar
yup... me too (using the iphone app)

Using Turn by turn instructions on Waze in the UK, it displays a roundabout icon with the flow of traffic the wrong way. i did read somewhere that support was aware of this

:? but im not so sure, as this surely would of been fixed in the lastest client build.
Mozstar
Send a message
Area Manager: Sudbury, Suffolk, UK

Post by support
Hi Chris,

the problem you're experiencing usually occurs due to GPRS connectivity problems with you cellphone or cellular network.

As for your question about waze being specific to every country - that's already the situation.
Once running waze and receiving GPS connection - waze uses the specific database of the country/continent you're driving on.

Best Regards,
Lior - waze support team
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message