If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

[Suggestion] Rename entire area roads based on highlight

Post by thetapeworm
Many roads in the Leeds area (and I presume others) are set as being in the wrong part of town, smaller suburbs are often mixed up or just called "Leeds". I have been going through changing many of these individually or in sets but wondered if there was an easier way to do this?

What I was thinking is that area managers could have a tool similar to the one used to create POIs which could be used to highlight an area and then rename the area of all roads within it without changing the road name, type or direction.

Still some scope for overlap on the edges and missed areas but possibly useful if navigation allows the option to just take the driver to the centre of a specific town or city.
thetapeworm
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:737603

Send a message

Post by jondrush
This option would kick butt in my area. I have entire townships that don't have the township name attached to the roads.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by QuickOK
To my knowledge, area selection/mass select is not available. It has been discussed before elsewhere on the forums. Your best bet ATM is to use the select all road between selected segments.
QuickOK
Send a message

Post by RogerSnape63
This would be very useful if properly implimented. That way, it could then be possible to "paint" counties, cities, towns, districts etc without confict.

For example, where I live could be tagged with Bishopstoke (district), Eastleigh (town/city), Hampshire (county), England (country), even United Kingdom, (not sure what you call a group of states... :p), Europe (continent) and these tags would not need to be applied in full or even concurrently. It would be a damn sight quicker to do this by area select rather than selecting hundreds of different roads. Also, if labels within each level were discrete, it should then be possible to easily edit overlaps - moving a district boundary for example would then move the corresponding neighbouring village boundary.
RogerSnape63
Send a message
Area Manager - South Hants, England
Nokia 5800

Post by support
thetapeworm wrote:Many roads in the Leeds area (and I presume others) are set as being in the wrong part of town, smaller suburbs are often mixed up or just called "Leeds". I have been going through changing many of these individually or in sets but wondered if there was an easier way to do this?

What I was thinking is that area managers could have a tool similar to the one used to create POIs which could be used to highlight an area and then rename the area of all roads within it without changing the road name, type or direction.

Still some scope for overlap on the edges and missed areas but possibly useful if navigation allows the option to just take the driver to the centre of a specific town or city.
Hi
You can post your suggestions in uservoice:
http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225- ... om-website

read more about uservoice:
http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Make ... prove_Waze

Regards,
Damian
support
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by thetapeworm
Thanks Damian, I've done that now - would appreciate some votes if anyone else thinks this might be useful:

http://snipurl.com/1bd467
thetapeworm
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by zCougar
Remember, that if you select more than one segment, you can't update road aliases. Only primary name can be changed. Waze is aware of this bug but be careful if you have such roads.

--
Cougar
zCougar
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Waze 4.83.5.1: Galaxy S21 5G | | Atom
CM@Estonia / WME beta tester / Android beta tester
PALUN LOE: Waze eestikeelne juhend wikis

Zirland
Send a message
"The Wazebrity"