If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Waze and truckers

Post by omaharichard
Isn't it a little unfair that if there are 3 truckers in your state, you will never be able to get into the top 3? I think so. I was bronze for 2 weeks in a row, close to 2nd and the 1st place guy was a trucker. Then, a week later, two more truckers come along and take 2nd and 3rd place. Right now top 3 in Nebraska are 15,004 points, 14,976 points, and 13,825 points. I can't compete with those scores! Which is why I haven't been wazing.

I would get about 1,500 points per week road munching and posting reports. Now I am at 0 per week because I refuse to even open the application. Isn't there a way to separate truckers and non-truckers in the scoreboard? This would even things out a whole lot.
omaharichard

POSTER_ID:539564

Send a message

Post by Atlas85
I am not a trucker and get typically >5k points a week. Not wazing doesn't help either anyway.

Also, truckers don't drive thousands of miles every day. That would give them much more points...1,000 miles = 5,000 points.
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by Atlas85
A whole other problem with truckers & waze is the average speed. Truckers drive much slower than normal cars (on European mainland they are only allowed to do 80kmh (thus do 85-87), whereas cars are allowed to do 120 (Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark and many others), 130 (France) or 130/unl. (Germany).
Atlas85
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
I totally agree and have put this to support on a number of occasions! I've just spent a lot of time meticulously adjusting, naming and connecting 90% of Scotland's motorway network including junctions and reckon it's yielded 4 or 5k at most!

Meanwhile some guy who only drives, doesn't report and doesn't even realise the editor is there racks up thousands and week in the roads I'm editing!

Or another guy who just leaves the roller on creating havoc on the map that muggins here has to clean up!

Just doesn't quite seem fair!

</rant>

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
There was something in the wiki about this and I asked support to confirm it. They said it's there and *can* be used but generally isn't!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by fvwazing
No one said it would be easy! But among the different uservoice-queries that concern this theme there is one that does not propose to have a motorcyclemode, or a pedestrianmode. This proposal describes having many different types of vehicles AND roadattributes that relate to them, OK, it is sketchy, but it describes the general idea. Use your voice!
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
There is another thread of discussion that takes the original theme of this thread a bit further.
Different leagues for editors and drivers.

It has resulted in uservoice-entry, which can be reached HERE.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gerben
Well... truckers in non-basemapped countries do. Look at the top of the world-server ranking, most of them are recording hundreds or thousands of new roads a week, counting 40 points per km. Quite a boost for your points...
gerben
Send a message
Nokia Lumia 920 (WP8 3.7.6 client)
Countrymanager The Netherlands
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img][img]https:///WS6zp[/img][img]https:///Y17fx[/img]https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/35/luiconring.png

Post by Litavnieks
I am not truck , taxi, or bus driver, but I wonder will it be possible for WAZE at some time something like tomtom PRO 7150 TRUCK - with possibilities : "Truck specific routing", "Routes around known dimensional and weight restrictions", "Restriction and dead end warners". Or something like "Google Maps Navigation (Beta)". Or - "Real City3D" , indications of what lane I should go on intersection.
Also - pedestrian routes, bicycle routes, etc.?
Litavnieks
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
[img]https:///p9mgM[/img]

Post by naturalist
People who drive a lot (like truckers) are going to get more points than people who just drive to and from work every day. Not much that can be done about that unless the whole point system is overhauled. I don't myself care that much about the points though I think it is fun to get them
naturalist
Send a message