If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

[Suggestion] Multiple Destinations

Post by OscarC
Sometimes I have errands to run and know which order I'm going to hit each place.

It would be nice to be able to put all these in Waze first and then when I hit the first destination, it automatically finds the path to the next desintation and so on.

Maybe an option to drag the destinations to re-order them if my plans change or something.

I think this would be very useful.

Oscar
OscarC

POSTER_ID:61794

Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/65/W ... tc-sig.png https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/aa/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze v3.7.6.0, iPhone 4S - Verizon - iOS 7.0.4
Minnesota-based US Country Manager

Post by fvwazing
Totally agree. Just entering a list of destinations to drive, with the order being set manually, would be step 1.

But... next thing people will want is an automatic optimal solution for this - which can be done, hey, my three year old Mio can do that with up to ten destinations! But here Waze will run into some problems... check this Wikipedia entry on the Travelling Salesman Problem (TSP).

Do not forget that Waze does routing for all those Wazers on its servers. As soon as a significant number of them will use Waze for a list of destinations, routing will take exponentially longer, as to solve the TSP all different travellingdistances/-times must be known and Waze would have to calculate all those on the server and then dispose of 99% of them again....

I can see a solution for most of that in the offline-routing that the waze client tries to do when not connected to the network - but this feature is currently broken ;^((
If it were not broken, the Waze client could calculate the majority of the distances by itself, solve the TSP (or rather approximate a solution) and then let the server calculate the exact routing (including traffic) for the first stretch and then, when arriving there, the second stretch etc.

That way Waze would offer an automatic TSP-solution, and still keep the load on its routingservers low.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1