If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Idea's and issues

Post by nportelli
First the Idea is neat. But the Android client is SLOW. The map lags behind of where I am by a few seconds. I see construction alerts but don't see how to post them.

As for the idea. Allow people make points of interest, ie on this corner there is a Shell gas station, there is a BK over here etc etc. You could quickly get a HUGE DB of POI's And up to date.
nportelli

POSTER_ID:30210

Send a message

Post by ravidavi
Unfortunately the "create landmark" feature of Cartouche lacks most of the common landmark types that people might want to add: gas station, restaurant, rest stop, public park, ... I'm looking forward (but not holding my breath) to the good Waze folks improving that feature.

However like sketch said, the local google search integration is very good.
ravidavi
Send a message
Ravi
Nokia 5800 v31.0.101, Waze v1.3.5 for Symbian Touch, Austin TX Area Manager

Post by sketch
You can add Landmarks in Cartouche by enabling the Landmarks layer and using "Add feature" > "Add landmark". It isn't really implemented yet, but they'll be there in the map whenever it is there.

For now, Google Local Search integration definitely gets the job done.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!