If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Online and Offline navigation

Post by world_u13qwox7
Hello,

I've done a bit of searching and have found nothing so i'll ask the question.

When i navigate to home, without turning my internet on. It navigates me home correctly and perfectly. However, if i have my internet on, the navigation messes up and it doesn't navigate me home, it just goes to a place nearly a 10 min drive away.

Weirdly enough, i've tested many postcodes and all of them work using online and offline, its just my home postcode that doesn't.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Dan
world_u13qwox7

POSTER_ID:16207673

Send a message

Post by dknight212
Where are you in the world? From using the term postcode, I'm guessing the UK? From the problem you describe I'm going out on a limb and guess you live somewhere in or near London - am I getting warm?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Sounds like this issue to me:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=55997
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
If you've just tried to get a route using the livemap remember that the system uses the same data as the app so you will get the same issue recurring. I think the problem is that without traffic included (ie if you don't have a connection or if you're routing outside peak) Waze's algorithm works well to your property but add in the traffic data at peak time (in London most of the day) and the algorithm(s) fail. If you read the thread I posted then you will see that pattern, with the destination falling short. Yes, it is possible there is a map problem but I'd put money on it being the former issue.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
world_u13qwox7 wrote:
dknight212 wrote:If you've just tried to get a route using the livemap remember that the system uses the same data as the app so you will get the same issue recurring. I think the problem is that without traffic included (ie if you don't have a connection or if you're routing outside peak) Waze's algorithm works well to your property but add in the traffic data at peak time (in London most of the day) and the algorithm(s) fail. If you read the thread I posted then you will see that pattern, with the destination falling short. Yes, it is possible there is a map problem but I'd put money on it being the former issue.
Its any time of the day or night, i could be standing in the next street and it would route me away sadly. I did however take a look at a known route (from work to home) and the map looked all good. However i do travel into london sometimes in peak times, and the navigation works flawlessly. just weird thats all.
If you send me a private message with your address details I can run some checks.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Is it a new postcode? Do Google and Bing place it properly?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by world_u13qwox7
dknight212 wrote:Where are you in the world? From using the term postcode, I'm guessing the UK? From the problem you describe I'm going out on a limb and guess you live somewhere in or near London - am I getting warm?
Very warm :S near Thorpe Park... lol
world_u13qwox7
Send a message

Post by world_u13qwox7
dmcconachie wrote:Is it a new postcode? Do Google and Bing place it properly?
Yep google and bing do. Its just weird that if i go offline, i can get home, but if i go online, i'm screwed :( .

Not a new postcode no, its been there since the 40's or 30's
world_u13qwox7
Send a message

Post by world_u13qwox7
Thank you for your help :) if i type it in on the website, it doesnt navigate to it properly as well. so i guess its a map issue, i'll try and see if i can edit the map to fix it.

Thank you, for yo help :)
world_u13qwox7
Send a message

Post by world_u13qwox7
dknight212 wrote:If you've just tried to get a route using the livemap remember that the system uses the same data as the app so you will get the same issue recurring. I think the problem is that without traffic included (ie if you don't have a connection or if you're routing outside peak) Waze's algorithm works well to your property but add in the traffic data at peak time (in London most of the day) and the algorithm(s) fail. If you read the thread I posted then you will see that pattern, with the destination falling short. Yes, it is possible there is a map problem but I'd put money on it being the former issue.
Its any time of the day or night, i could be standing in the next street and it would route me away sadly. I did however take a look at a known route (from work to home) and the map looked all good. However i do travel into london sometimes in peak times, and the navigation works flawlessly. just weird thats all.
world_u13qwox7
Send a message