If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

forum privacy

Post by pxf911
Hi -- new to map editing and the forums. When I post, it uses my member-ID but I'd prefer if it used my nickname, for privacy purposes. Not a huge deal, and I understand why the forum might require my posts to use my member-ID, but thought I'd ask.
pxf911

POSTER_ID:16834452

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The Waze app "nickname" is not something the forum software supports. Also, users can share the same nickname, so on the forum, where we require unique values, that wouldn't work. Why not just create your Waze username to be what your nickname is?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
peterxfeng wrote:Thanks for the tip -- but I read elsewhere that you can't change your username.
That is true. You may not have visited the forum until recently, so your account may not reflect your join date, but if you don't have a lot of points to worry about, change your account's email address to something else (fake even), then create a new account from the app (requires your delete/install the app) with a different username and your desired email address.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by pxf911
Thanks for the tip -- but I read elsewhere that you can't change your username.
pxf911
Send a message