If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Please add the following...

Post by opfloridaguy
I am new to Waze but love it thus far... Here is the BUT..

You know what they say about opinions... So yeah I have one too.

1) would like to have the option of satellite view.
2) if you truly want to make it social media online world then make it so.
ADD a quick drop custom buttons so if I am
Driving to a restaurant then click that and show me all the restaurants
AND allow users to upload a copy/pic of the menu and give their comments
On the experiences they have had there
THIS GOES FOR ALL BUSINESSES.
Allow pictures of the businesses and feedback on experiences within be it a restaurant or a gas station or bank for that matter... Allow the comments that Bank AAA charges 40.00 for ATM fees..

BUT by the same token if I just want to drive then allow me to also remove these options.

ALSO..... I see other drivers out on the road but it does not seem as they are moving so I am not sure on the update time between pings.... I would like to be able to allow myself to be visiBle to other drivers real time if I am within ??? 1/4 - 1/2 mile... After all 5G or LTE at 8mps should be able to handle updates.. If not then I tried.. Why no be able to wave to my fellow Wazers...
And again on the other side Wazers should have the option to turn this off for the stalkers they ? Have problems with?

There is a ton more but gotta go for now... But if we want to make interactive then let's blow it up and make it INTERACTIVE! 8-)
opfloridaguy

POSTER_ID:16838296

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
OPFloridaGuy wrote: Allow pictures of the businesses and feedback on experiences within be it a restaurant or a gas station or bank for that matter... Allow the comments that Bank AAA charges 40.00 for ATM fees..
There is a planned feature for points of interest/business info. Not sure what the full set of info which is planned at this point. You have some good ideas here. Not sure how much Waze wants to do internally vs. present/integrate info already there. Yelp is already an internal search engine and shows rating info I believe.
OPFloridaGuy wrote:ALSO..... I see other drivers out on the road but it does not seem as they are moving so I am not sure on the update time between pings....
At least 2 minutes is the current delay for privacy reasons. They are considering allowing closer to realtime for friends. The "send drive" feature already shows you in near real-time to those you send the link to. One issue on timing is impact to server and network capacity. If the app starts getting data every 10s instead of every 2 min, multiple that by hundreds of thousands of drivers at any given moment, and that's an impact both to pipe saturation, but also cost.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ