If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

social service log

Post by skumar69
Hi,
If i happen to add/validate a new road, is there an option to view later how manytimes it really got used by others.

Better still, can I see if my new road helped some people save on traffic congested routes?
skumar69

POSTER_ID:1095976

Send a message
[img]https:///icPqLq[/img]

Post by addrian20
Actually, you can have an ideea of road usage with GPS Points, provided everything is updated. If you choose "color tracks", each color is a different pass.

For the reference, GPS Points works with zoom 100m/200ft or higher (took me 2 weeks to learn that), you only see the points from the last 30 days and they are updated in about 2 days after the trip appears in the user's archive.
addrian20
Send a message
Area Manager for Constanta, Romania

Post by BrutusNL
I'm afraid that 'regular' Wazers cannot see that information. Even the area managers can only see the average speed on a road segment. I'm sure Waze-support has that information, but I fear this is sensitive business information and since Waze is a business, they will not disclose that info to the public. But I might be wrong...
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
Oh, but I agree it is a big incentive for the area manager to see how people benefit from their blood, sweat and (sometimes) tears.
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by BrutusNL
addrian20 wrote:Actually, you can have an ideea of road usage with GPS Points, provided everything is updated. If you choose "color tracks", each color is a different pass.
True, I stand corrected :)
BrutusNL
Send a message

Post by skumar69
Hmm, if that is a "business secret", atleast perhaps, as an incentive for Waze addicts, they may provide such information as "number of times your roads helped somebody beat the traffic jam" type of points.

The place where I stay has a lot of bylanes, and slip-roads. Most of them are not in the map of Waze yet. So I would try to map as many as possible an it would be great to know that they are being later used by Waze for its automatic routing for other or my use.
skumar69
Send a message
[img]https:///icPqLq[/img]