If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

"solved" destination reverting back.

Post by evn137
Worse than a bad check, I noticed that some of the solved Update Requests ( that I've rechecked ) have bounced back to routing Wazers to an adjacent street they call "home" . Quite farscical. You type in a name and it shows you a list of possibilities and when you pick the right one voila, it routes you to a street that is not even closely spelled to the one you picked. However, It is just around the corner. Like a bait-and-switch if you know what I mean.
I've also noticed something different on routing recently. When starting from my house ( a dead end ), the highlighted route would sometimes start from the end of my block whereas it used to start right outside my house. Just the other day when I decided to do some MP/UR, the entire screen was cleared of about 95 percent of those icons. Somebody did some serious housecleaning. Well, after I restarted my computer several minutes later after PM an area manager about this phenomenon, it was back to usual. I am wondering could this glitch be a part of a bigger picture that is server related. Somehow the database is not quite exact between one server and another resulting in this annoying discrepancy. Maybe a bad cookie here or there. Very thought provoking.

Ed ( evn137 )
evn137

POSTER_ID:16782179

Send a message
Ed (evn137) Rank 3 Editor

Post by CBenson
evn137 wrote:You type in a name and it shows you a list of possibilities and when you pick the right one voila, it routes you to a street that is not even closely spelled to the one you picked. However, It is just around the corner. Like a bait-and-switch if you know what I mean.
Waze typically routes to coordinates returned from Google. So if for instance the Google pin for the house on the corner is closer to the cross street, then waze routes to a destination on the cross street. Is this what you see happening?
evn137 wrote:I've also noticed something different on routing recently. When starting from my house ( a dead end ), the highlighted route would sometimes start from the end of my block whereas it used to start right outside my house.
This happens to me too, I think. Although, for me it is always starting from right outside my house, but it routes to the deadend and then back. So the purple line looks like its starting at the end of the road sometimes.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Can you review the history of the address that you have updated in Google Map Maker?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by evn137
Waze typically routes to coordinates returned from Google. So if for instance the Google pin for the house on the corner is closer to the cross street, then waze routes to a destination on the cross street. Is this what you see happening?

Exactly. I've gone over to Google to move the pins closer to the street where I want the final end point to be and have had success. Two of them however, have reverted back to the old position. I am not sure of the "review process" that Google does. It may be just that after a certain time that if the change in position is not reviewed, it may not stay where I had placed it. Don't know for sure.
evn137
Send a message

Post by evn137
Don't even know it that log is available. Would be helpful. Updates that you have entered for correction in Google sometimes, but not always, gets you a correpondence via e-mail.
Sorry for the long response. Honey do day...lots of it.
evn137
Send a message

Post by evn137
In Map Maker, it only shows you the number of changes it has undergone.
"Edit Summary : 12 changes were made by Google"
No specifics except for the last info and the newest info.
On the left side of Map Maker, you also view your past edits of other places, establishments.

Ed
evn137
Send a message