If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

[Catrouche] Ability to remove SELECTED junction

Post by andyqp
IMHO, it would be more consistent if the operation "Remove junction" was moved from the main "Edit" menu to the Edit menu of a selected junction. Just like it is with roads now. And make the same "Delete" shortcut work.
andyqp

POSTER_ID:722151

Send a message
Rīga, LV
waze for Android

Post by dmcconachie
I would agree too. And add multi select/delete too!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by harling
RallyChris wrote: Select node then remove...
Multiple node selection then remove...
The later Waze HQ has made sound like it won't happen.
Unfortunately, the vast majority of the "voices" are more concerned about staying logged in, dashboards stats, and various client features. If we were to combine all these ideas into one UserVoice request, and all the AMs & other active map-editors were to vote for the whole package, the total would be much more noticeable. Considering these suggestions are coming from the people who (in many areas) are the only thing preventing entropy from taking over, representing probably millions of combined map edits, hopefully they'll pay attention and we'll see some progress.

So: if you know of a feature on UserVoice that would make the job of map-editing faster or easier (without requiring a total rewrite, so it gets done in 2011), PM me by January 15th with its URL. I will do my best to combine them into one feature set & create a UserVoice entry for it, and then we can all move our votes there.

Chances are, this topic will be more popular in the Map/Editing forum, so look for further discussion there.

EDIT: Started new discussion here. Tell all your friends. :-)
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
sandjaja wrote:Status: declined
If junctions are not connected, they will be removed from the map automatically.
If they are connected to segments, the 'remove node' should be used to basically create a bridge, which is why you will not be able to delete a few nodes at the same time.
krankyd
admin

But when it will be removed? Several days?
The time would have to be measured in years. There are roads in my area that have not been touched in over a year, with disconnected junctions scattered about. Unless someone created lone junctions or deleted extraneous roads just a week or two before I came along, without touching anything else, those junctions have been there for a long time.

But we're not just talking about disconnected junctions. Many times they appear in the middle of a single road: same street & city names on both sides, same direction, same everything. No reason for a junction to be there. Maybe another road used to connect at that point, but now it's gone. I make a point to delete these junctions, for two reasons:

1) every one of these junctions creates an additional segment of road that has to be edited separately; and
2) every junction is an opportunity for connectivity problems and other map issues.

In short, reducing junctions makes the map both more reliable and easier to maintain. Just this evening, on three different occasions I had more than ten of these unnecessary junctions on the screen, and I got to remove them all. One. By. One. :roll:
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by RallyChris
Both suggestions are covered in the official wishlist website

Select node then remove... http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225- ... ?ref=title

Multiple node selection then remove... http://waze.uservoice.com/forums/59225- ... ?ref=title

The later Waze HQ has made sound like it won't happen.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by sandjaja
This from the uservoice

If junctions are not connected, they will be removed from the map automatically.
If they are connected to segments, the 'remove node' should be used to basically create a bridge, which is why you will not be able to delete a few nodes at the same time.

krankyd
admin

But when it will be removed? Several days?
sandjaja
Send a message
iPad 3G user for tracking
Area Manager for Samarinda, Balikpapan, Surabaya and surrounding areas

stevenhaywood
Send a message