Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Forum e-mail notifications have stopped

Post by GangMan
Hi,

I'm opening a separate thread in hopes that someone can help me with this issue or experiences something similar. For nearly 1 1/2 weeks now I'm not getting any e-mail notifications from the Waze Forum for subscribed topics, forum or private messages. I didn't change anything in my settings, they just stopped. Also all subscribed topics and forums are still listed as subscribed.

I tried switching the e-mail address in the dashboard to GMail to see if e-mails would be dropped by my mail server. Didn't change anything, still no notifications.
I already contacted support via NanoRep, no reply so far.

This is pretty annoying since I rely heavily on notifications and I feel like the fault is not on my side. On the other hand I talked to some fellow Wazers and they reported no troubles. So why on earth would notifications just cease to function for me?

Any hints on what could be wrong are greatly appreciated!
Wolfgang
GangMan
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

POSTER_ID:976644

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
I just got an email notification about a PM, so the system is working...

Have you checked the various spam filters? I know I have one on my computer & there is also one on the email server I need to check every so often.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by annickdw
I'm having the problem as well... and still...

used to receive the mail notifications, not anymore... not working for forum notifications, nor for App-notifications (UR problem related)

psst: I didn't change my mail - still gmail... what I did do, is rearrange my mailbox in multiple boxes (but that worked for some days without issues) - I don't have waze messages in spambox or trashbox
annickdw
Send a message
Last edited by annickdw on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by annickdw
AndyPoms wrote:I just got an email notification about a PM, so the system is working...

Have you checked the various spam filters? I know I have one on my computer & there is also one on the email server I need to check every so often.
than I should be able to find them in my spambox right? not there

I do receive the wazestatus-notifications...
annickdw
Send a message

Post by GangMan
Thanks Shmupi,

happy that there's light at the end of the tunnel. It would be great if such problems would also be mentioned on status.waze.com since it's really difficult as a normal user to get any information unless it's a global problem.

Wolfgang
GangMan
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by jrvas
Same problem here in Guatemala. The notifications work in the app but nothing make it to the mail
jrvas
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message