If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Allow AM to publish changes to Live Map.

Post by rahulmaindargi
Well, I know waze do update Live Map timely basis, one in 2-3 days.
but Will it be possible to allow AM to Request, or Queue Live Map Update before that time.

I was fixing some of the roads, in that I deleted some roads and about to create Round About.

some how, Waze published the Map in between My activity.
See the Map affected.
Currently it had broken all the navigation in this area.

I know it will be back to working in 2-3 days, but it will be really great feature to have Live Map update by AM.

I am Open to any other suggestions.

Edit: AM should be allowed changes to be published for Live MAP and client.
The Map at Given link is broken on client too for 2-3 days now...
rahulmaindargi
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:1648627

Send a message
Last edited by rahulmaindargi on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The LiveMap has slowly become a forgotten part of Waze as they concentrate on the social and map accuracy aspects of the system. Our desire is that LiveMap be as accurate as the Client maps, which it currently is not even close, being 9+ months behind in updating the visual rendering of the LiveMap. (Edits are there if you click in the right place, but that's broken, IMO.)

It has not been said as much, but I would surely hope that some new form of the Live Map will be part of the new Cartouche planned for this year.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dmcconachie wrote:Live map updates just fine on the world server, Alan despite the fact it looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old!
Ugh, I need to pull my head out of my NA-centric butt... :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
Live map updates just fine on the world server, Alan despite the fact it looks like it was drawn by a 5 year old!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Ugh, I need to pull my head out of my NA-centric butt... :roll:
Typical!! ;-)

Back on topic though, I'm not sure there's any need to adjust how updates feed through. You just need to be careful to not break anything to such a degree unless you're gonna finish bringing it back in that same editing session!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by rahulmaindargi
I think I created confusion.
What I mean is allow AM to publish or request for Publish of Map edits TO Live map And Client.

The Client too shows the broken roads same as The link in First post...
rahulmaindargi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by rahulmaindargi
dmcconachie wrote: You just need to be careful to not break anything to such a degree unless you're gonna finish bringing it back in that same editing session!
If I remember correctly, I did finish it in same session, only took me some extra minutes as I asked one question on Forum for this Big roundabout.
rahulmaindargi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message