If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Req: Report Button on main screen

Post by bbug2k
I'm currently using the Android version and when I see something I want to report I need to hit my menu button on my phone, then hit the report button. By the time I do this I'm already 20+ feet away and so my report isn't as accurate as it should be. Sometimes I fumble around to hit these buttons and once I've hit the report button I'm too far away to to report it accurately.

A small button on the navigation screen, either on the screen itself or the toolbar up top, would help out greatly :)
bbug2k

POSTER_ID:1838393

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
As soon as you hit the Report button, it marks your GPS location immediately, and your report is saved at that location, regardless of how far away you are at the time you send the report.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dmcconachie wrote:Is 7 feet enough to be concerned about? Your GPS could be out by more than that at that point!
I agree. At most road speeds and phone GPS accuracy these days, the margin of error is more than 20' anyway. A road hazard or police report within 20-40ft is completely reasonable.

Now, to your request specifically: I would have thought that the Android and iPhone versions would have the same home screen functionality. There is a Report button at the bottom of the iPhone screen, so I can't imagine why the Android does not. Sorry for jumping to the conclusion that it was there.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bbug2k
But actually getting to the Report button takes me a while. By the time I get to the Report button (before I press it) I'm already 20+ feet down the road already.
bbug2k
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Is 7 feet enough to be concerned about? Your GPS could be out by more than that at that point!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
dmcconachie wrote:
Is 7 feet enough to be concerned about? Your GPS could be out by more than that a...
I agree. At most road speeds and phone GPS accuracy these days, the margin of error is more than 20' anyway. A road hazard or police report within 20-40ft is completely reasonable.

Now, to your request specifically: I would have thought that the Android and iPhone versions would have the same home screen functionality. There is a Report button at the bottom of the iPhone screen, so I can't imagine why the Android does not. Sorry for jumping to the conclusion that it was there.
Android devices have hardware buttons, the iPhone does not.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status