If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Feature request: Alert deviation from normal route

Post by cormanaz
So I am using Waze mostly for avoiding traffic going to and from work, I suppose like most people. It would be helpful to have a feature where it gives an audible alert if it is plotting a course that is different from the "normal" one to avoid traffic (caveat: I just started using it so maybe it does something like this already?). I imagine this could work by determining the best course assuming no significant traffic, and giving an alert if it is plotting a different course than that.

Steve
cormanaz

POSTER_ID:1945481

Send a message

Post by cormanaz
I posted a request for this feature on the customer feedback site. If you like the idea, please vote for it here.
cormanaz
Send a message

Post by hallmike
You can turn off the voice navigation in the settings.
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by MoebiusStreet
I couldn't agree more. I've got no interest in listening to turn-by-turn directions when I'm already quite familiar with all the practical routes (it's really annoying when I'm concentrating on listening to my audiobooks).

But I'm very interested in when Waze learns something from others, that should cause a deviation.

So what I'd like is silence for navigation, so long as things proceed normally. When something out-of-the-ordinary comes up that makes Waze want to re-route, simply a notification when it has found that a deviation from what it had already planned would be better. Just say something like "suggest route change due to traffic. Instead, turn right in 1 mile..."
MoebiusStreet
Send a message