If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Suggestions of silence

Post by Skitzo
No offense, Waze, but please shut up for one 50 mile drive. I don't turn on the radio to listen to Waze interupt the broadcast every 2 miles. California has very strict "hands-free" laws in place, so I count on my phone's Bluetooth to transmit over the car stereo during phone calls. Unfortunately, Waze has taken to going "Ba-ding ding" constantly for things that I don't care about, which causes the radio to go silent and the phone's Bluetooth to work overtime. Can a future update give the user the ability to turn off all sounds individually, or even better... just turn off all Waze related sounds with a single button?
Skitzo

POSTER_ID:1665591

Send a message

Post by Skitzo
RallyChris wrote:I understand your frustration, as it does appear that Waze ignores even the hardware switch on the iPhone for certain sounds. But it might useful, if you give details on which events your are reporting on.
I'll take a mental list starting now and see if I can give better details, instead of meandering complaints. 50 miles one way through Los Angeles tends to give me plenty of exposure to all of it, and I am well known by my IT department for having a talent for finding weird bugs that nobody else would ever stumble across... engaging Murphy's Law mode in 3...2...1... Engaged.
Skitzo
Send a message

Post by Skitzo
Speed trap, Police activity, heavy traffic, and of course the road goodies were killing me until I turned them completely off. Seriously, I just want a button that shuts the audio output off completely without disabling the visual indicators.
Skitzo
Send a message