Post by crazycaveman
kentsmith9 wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
crazycaveman wrote:I wanted to play around with the new template and came across a problem adding the forum section. Looks like the page the template currently uses (https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/USA/CommonSt ... in/Preload) was moved to https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/USA/CommonSt ... in/Preload but not updated for the EditPage template.
I am not following your message here. Is this a problem you are seeing with the template on other pages, or just the ones that are getting moved with issues?
Got it. Because of the complexity of multi-template stacking, the change I just made to the EditState template will not update on the already deployed state talk pages without first getting resaved.

Therefore all state pages already set up need to do a one time save to the talk page.

1. Go to your state's page.
2. Select the discussion/talk page.
3. Click Edit.
4. Select Save page, without actually doing anything to the page. No edit summary required with this step because you didn't make a change according to the editor, but you force the Wiki templates to update through the cascade.
Thanks for the fix! Sorry I didn't explain it well, but glad you figured it out. SC probably doesn't need that section, I was just clicking on links and noticed that one wasn't working right.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Came across another issue: in the "Special Roads" section, Cul-de-sac's should be Culs-de-sac and the link should be changed to point to https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Creating_and ... _dead-ends (right now it points to cul_de_sacs instead). Should small things like wrong links be reported, or is it OK if I were to go in and fix it?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Tiamet wrote:I would like to get Tennessee's page on the new template. How do I get started?
Go to this link and save the page; it will create a page at Tennessee/Test. You'll need to follow the link on the page to create the talk page where all the real editing occurs
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Should we mention the slack chats in the community section of the state pages? I was thinking the other day of advertising my state's hangout and realized that the slack chats aren't mentioned in the US wiki at all, except for the map raids. It seems logical that the slack chats can be added to the community section of each state page and each state can add specific info on how to get connected with other members of the state through there or their preferred chat app. Or maybe this should be considered for being added elsewhere.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
What if we remove any wording of area manager?
The following editors are also editing in the state and may be contacted for assistance in their areas.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
I agree that Dirt Roads needs to have the ability to add comments in the template.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by dmcrandall
kentsmith9 wrote:Utah - No template page yet
http://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Utah/Test

David
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
kentsmith9 wrote:Thanks David. I stand corrected. The template marker on the base Utah page was set up without the link. I will fix that.

Is it ready to go live?
I need to do a final feedback request in the UT Forum and then, depending on the response, it should be.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
I've noticed some confusion among area managers, when adding themselves to the state AM table, as to what constitutes their "managed areas". Can we clarify what the table means by "Area Managed"?

The current template, at least as realized for the California page, says:
California page wrote:The table below identifies the editors also designated as Area Managers or higher who are editing in California. If you have any questions, please consider contacting them directly as needed. If you are an Area Manager that covers California, or a USA Country Manager that does a lot of work in California, please add yourself to this list (alphabetical by username) in the correct rank section.

The editor who also serves as the Regional Coordinator for California is automatically listed at the top of the table. That editor may not be highly active in this state and therefore may not be listed separately in the table.
If it would be correct (???), I would suggest adding the following paragraph:
Suggested addition wrote:The "Area Managed" field should indicate only the permanent editable area assigned in response to a formal application, not any additional editable area resulting from drives or MapRaid participation.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
bummerdude69 wrote:I still have my NYC MapRaid that was informally requested (which I edit as my local area allows). Would that fit the description?
Each state's AM table is intended (I believe) as a "rolodex" for all local and visiting editors as to the local management and points-of-contact depending on where one is editing.

My first reaction is that being given an AM area informally as a result of participation in a MapRaid, while a great thing, doesn't make one a local manager. I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message