[Update Page] Military Bases

Moderators: MapSir, USA Champs

[Update Page] Military Bases

Postby nzahn1 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Military Bases

I suggest that folks read through this page. It seems to have been created without discussion or collaboration. I've had novice editors deleting almost every place (including numbered buildings, clubs, and more) reported on bases as a result of finding this page, and I don't know the reasoning behind that standard. Also, it seems it would not be hard to add a qualifier to other Places' names(fast food, stores, etc...).

Anyway, I thought there should be a discussion before global guidance was posted for all to find.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Mid-Atlantic Assist. Coordinator | WME Beta | iOS Beta
WME Profile E-Mail MD Twitter MDForum MDWiki Welcome!
nzahn1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Update Page] Military Bases

Postby deeploz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:16 pm

please also note that this page creation is related to a section deletion in the Private as mentioned in this thread
deeploz
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby nzahn1 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:28 pm

deeploz wrote:please also note that this page creation is related to a section deletion in the Private as mentioned in this thread

I noticed that also, though after my original post. Thank you for cross posting to the Private Installation thread.
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Mid-Atlantic Assist. Coordinator | WME Beta | iOS Beta
nzahn1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby txemt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:07 pm

nzahn1 wrote:Military Bases

I suggest that folks read through this page. It seems to have been created without discussion or collaboration. I've had novice editors deleting almost every place (including numbered buildings, clubs, and more) reported on bases as a result of finding this page, and I don't know the reasoning behind that standard. Also, it seems it would not be hard to add a qualifier to other Places' names(fast food, stores, etc...).

Anyway, I thought there should be a discussion before global guidance was posted for all to find.

This page is still under construction and going through a review. This was created to pull out the specifics relating to military bases such as landmarks, proper naming, etc, which got lost when the private installation page blew up with information on routing and gates, private roads, etc. The page mentioned in here is still under construction and wasn't supposed to be leaked out, yet.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt

Postby nzahn1 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:58 pm

txemt wrote:This page is still under construction and going through a review. This was created to pull out the specifics relating to military bases such as landmarks, proper naming, etc, which got lost when the private installation page blew up with information on routing and gates, private roads, etc. The page mentioned in here is still under construction and wasn't supposed to be leaked out, yet.

Okay, no problem. Just thought it was weird that a L2 was quoting rules from a page I hadn't seen in the wiki forums. I'll add the construction template to the page, and direct users here for input.
nzahn1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby deeploz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:15 pm

If the page is still under construction, it should then be moved to User:Txemt namespace, awaiting for review and community approval before going live.
deeploz
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Postby nzahn1 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:11 pm

deeploz wrote:If the page is still under construction, it should then be moved to User:Txemt namespace, awaiting for review and community approval before going live.

I've added the disclaimer, but if Txemt wants to move it to his space then so be it. The template has clear language:
This new page is currently undergoing modifications. The information presented should be considered a draft, not yet ready for use.
nzahn1
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby txemt » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 pm

That's fine.

I'm not moving it to my page. I'm waiting on a couple of RCs to look at it, and I'm also needing to add a few photos to it.
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.
txemt

Postby PesachZ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:41 pm

It appears the content of this page is very specific to the United States,. might I suggest a notice or introduction to that effect, letting readers know that this is us local content?

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby vectorspace » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:58 pm

PesachZ wrote:It appears the content of this page is very specific to the United States,. might I suggest a notice or introduction to that effect, letting readers know that this is us local content?

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

Good idea.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Next

Return to US Wiki Discussion