Post by subs5
I agree with changing to both. It is implied but not stated that the larger above ground stations should be mapped as area places. Would it be beneficial to explicitly that that so you are not counting on someone missing the association?

You could add “Above ground train/bus stations are usually mapped as area places.” before your statement about underground and smaller stations?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
I am fine with listing surface stations as area and listing the note for the underground stations/stops as a note.

Another method is to have two entries Surface stations (Area), Underground Stations/Stops (Point)
There is no need for a note then and might be clearer to the first time reader.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
tonestertm wrote:"Both", with a note about underground is fine.

If we start adding separate entries for each situation, the Big Table eventually becomes the Huge Table, with far too many entries to "easily" scan through.

There's also some small potential for missing a pertinent entry, but that may not be a real issue, idk.

Maybe if we can "subdivide" the entry, without actually adding a whole new line/cell/entry in the Parent and Category columns, that could be considered, but I don't know the technicals well enough to know if that's possible.

But, really, my first sentence holds my main opinion.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tony,
How does this work for you?

This is a single post and combines Bus/Train/Subway (currently three separate entries) into one that explains the Area and Point place options.

Basically takes the big table and makes it a little smaller....... Best of both worlds?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
Ok if this is the consensus then will use Marc''' suggestion of See Note.

The current Bus, Train, and Subway entries would be removed and replaced with this single entry.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
I agree but would say "This provides the correct final arrival instruction ......."

It is a bit more succinct and probably closer to the truth since we can't "ensure" anything in Waze with their frequent "undocumented features" that come in an upgrade to the app or WME. :lol:
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by tcalvert317
I'm jumping in a bit late to this discussion, but I have a thought or two. I agree that the current trend is to extend the footprint for higher learning, and that will mean that we should continue to see additional universities, along with schools in nontraditional settings. I also get the appearance discussion. Putting those together I like the idea of smaller APs, much like the urgent care in shopping mall concept. Perhaps giving guidance for a "small AP in a commercial building" might work.

Thanks,

Ted
tcalvert317
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
No, jack_hmr, you did nothing wrong. That text does indeed link directly to this broadly-named thread.

And perhaps, after jumping on this person who wanted to help, someone could have actually read the suggestions made, which were LONG overdue, and made the necessary corrections.

I had independently made the edits to the table after learning of the problem elsewhere, came here to post about it, and found this nonsense about etiquette. (I have now added Rest areas to the Detailed guidance, as well. Thanks, Jack!).

Suggestions:
- Change/remove the construction box (as was suggested months ago by Kent), or at least the link therein (point to the forum, rather than a specific thread?).

- Think before you type.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
Perhaps it's time to remove the "non-emergency medical" reference from the Offices entry in the Area-Point table?
AreaPoint-Offices.jpg
(10.42 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
"Both", with a note about underground is fine.

If we start adding separate entries for each situation, the Big Table eventually becomes the Huge Table, with far too many entries to "easily" scan through.

There's also some small potential for missing a pertinent entry, but that may not be a real issue, idk.

Maybe if we can "subdivide" the entry, without actually adding a whole new line/cell/entry in the Parent and Category columns, that could be considered, but I don't know the technicals well enough to know if that's possible.

But, really, my first sentence holds my main opinion.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by turbomkt
I don't think all RPP's creators are visible. It may only be those created in WME.

The first four I checked didn't show the creator, but one did show PUR history, etc.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)