Post by whoaitspete
Nagamasa wrote:
whoaitspete wrote:Slightly different, but your example isn't too exaggerated. I get a few URs a year here about there being no continue straight across the intersection after being told stay to the left.
In that specific scenario, I would opt for this segment to be named the same as the ramp itself, so there's no keep left.
I would agree with that too, but it was previously decided that because the original ramp lanes split, a fork was preferred there. So a TIO continue would be a good fix here. But I understand and agree with your idea further up top on a single highway segment.
whoaitspete
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

USA Local Champ | NY State Manager | Android Beta Tester
Northeast Region Discord / NY Wazeopedia / Waze NY Twitter

Post by whoaitspete
johnsninja58 wrote: The wiki currently indicates the "Continue" for an on ramp, and I completely agree.
In an earlier post from Nagamasa,
-I agree with country borders
-Changes of designation in freeways (wording to more express the ending of one and the start of another)
-Ramps should be worded in a way that they can be evaluated for clarity if a "Continue" prompt would help
-I do not support the tolled segment one as general guidance, there is definitely some examples where it would be helpful but with the toll indicator for the route. The limitations that exist in the waze app regarding tolls and routing, carpool lanes, and other variations would further complicate this discussion.

Any other ideas for "Continue"
- Country borders is fine, but needs some detail. I am thinking it should be at the last possible u-turn or intersection before a border crossing, not border itself. We would likely need to implement a stub/wayfinder as well for naming purposes.
- I would recommend something along the lines of "a change in freeway names and/or exit numbering system." Like previously mentioned, there are spots where this would also be appropriate for certain MH.
- Agree
- There's a number of BGSs that already indicate toll road, so I definitely wouldn't want this implemented across the board either.

My other idea, though this may have the same issue as tolls, is a ferry. Similar to my country idea, a "continue straight to ferry" may be helpful at the last intersection/chance to make a u-turn.
whoaitspete
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

USA Local Champ | NY State Manager | Android Beta Tester
Northeast Region Discord / NY Wazeopedia / Waze NY Twitter