[NEW WIKI] Hospitals & Urgent Care Clinics - Cont

Moderators: MapSir, USA Champs

Re: [NEW WIKI] Hospitals & Urgent Care Clinics - Cont

Postby PesachZ » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 pm

johnsninja58 wrote:
SandyQNinja4 wrote:Hi I am a new editor. Have we addressed the quick urgent care centers such as those in CVS or the stand alone urgent care centers? We now have them in Rhode Island. Thanks. Sandy

Sandy welcome to Waze Map Editing, and great to have you asking questions. The forums are a great place for editors from all levels new to experts to discuss and understand the topics as they evolve.

CVS minute clinics are health clinics that provided basic level care. They are not the focus of what we are trying to develop for this guidance but are valuable to have in waze. I suggest you have a conversation with your Rhode Island state manager - PM Gooberking on best practices with these. Since we are already mapping CVS and the pharmacies, should these be included as a description in the place or other practice are some items to discuss with him.

Urgent Care will have xray equipment in addition to lab equipment that you won't find at a CVS Minute Clinic, and many of the Licensed Independent Practitioners at Urgent Care centers are Emergency Medicine board certified.

Thanks I have added that bit about x-ray and the source to the page
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:55 am

Published the page at Places/Hospital and urgent care.
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby jm6087 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:24 am

Great job on the Wiki, thanks for all the hard work.

I will get a link put into the SCR Wiki that is being worked on right now.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby PesachZ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:51 pm

I wanted to make an update to this page to address Hospitals which have the same location as the main entrance and the emergency room entrance. It was suggested earlier in this thread, but not implemented, to have an ER - ... place point for all hospitals which have an ER even if they are at the same position as the main hospital stop point so that a result always comes up in search if the user is searching for ER - ..... However that just adds extra unnecessary places to the map. I want to suggest in such cases, to simply add ER - .. as an alternate name to the main hospital place so it returns in the search results with or without the ER _ prepended to the query term.

I'd like to suggest the following edit to the page in red in the naming section.
Naming

Please use the following naming format for Hospital / Medical Care names

• Name the hospital Area: Hospital Name
    • If the ER entrance is in the same location as the main entrance for the hospital, add an alternate name to the main hospital to assist those searching for the ER: ER - Hospital Name
  • Name the Emergency Entrance: ER - Hospital Name
  • If there is a separate ambulance entrance, please name it as: ER Ambulance Entrance - Hospital Name
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby xanderb » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:54 pm

PesachZ wrote:I want to suggest in such cases, to simply add ER - .. as an alternate name to the main hospital place

I agree with this. The extra place point should only be for guidance to different entrance. No need if they go in the same doors.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby DrNeubie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:33 pm

A few of us were discussing stand-alone psych ER facilities (not affiliated with a larger hospital complex) and would like to make the following suggestion...

Free standing facilities that offer dedicated mental health care should be point places, with category Doctor/Clinic. Naming should include a description indicating that these facilities only provide mental health or psychiatric care.

Psychiatric ER facilities as part of a larger hospital complex w/ emergency medical care are hospitals, but have to be clearly marked as "Psychiatric - Emergency Care"

Example McLean Hospital (Psychiatric Care) or /insert name of NYC Psych ER/ (Mental Health). Psychiatric Care and Mental Health may be used interchangeably based on local custom.

Thoughts?
Rank 6 / Pennsylvania State Manager / USA Champ + Country Manager
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
DrNeubie

Postby PesachZ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:44 pm

I added a note to the Categories section about the new categories showing up in WME.
Screenshot 2017-03-27 at 15.41.54.png
(27.05 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:04 pm

DrNeubie wrote:A few of us were discussing stand-alone psych ER facilities (not affiliated with a larger hospital complex) and would like to make the following suggestion...

Free standing facilities that offer dedicated mental health care should be point places, with category Doctor/Clinic. Naming should include a description indicating that these facilities only provide mental health or psychiatric care.

Psychiatric ER facilities as part of a larger hospital complex w/ emergency medical care are hospitals, but have to be clearly marked as "Psychiatric - Emergency Care"

Example McLean Hospital (Psychiatric Care) or /insert name of NYC Psych ER/ (Mental Health). Psychiatric Care and Mental Health may be used interchangeably based on local custom.

Thoughts?

For consistent naming if it is a Psych/Mental Health ER shouldn't the naming be "Psychiatric ER - Hospital Name" as we discussed in the GHO? I'd be fine if you want to use Mental Health ER - Hospital Name. But I felt the modifier should always be the first part of the name, such that it is immediately apparent in search results. If it is not an ER attached to a larger facility, and the entire hospital/facility only offers Psychiatric care, and that is not apparent in the name then your naming scheme makes more sense to me.

So for example

NameUse Hospital Category
McLean Hospital (Mental Health)NO
Kingsboro Psychiatric CenterNO
Psychiatric ER - Jacobi Medical CenterYES
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby xanderb » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 am

PesachZ wrote:I added a note to the Categories section about the new categories showing up in WME.

These new categories are now live in production WME. We should update the wiki to show Hospital / Urgent Care and change the guidance to use Doctor / Clinic rather than Offices.
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby DrNeubie » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 am

@PZ your update sounds good
Rank 6 / Pennsylvania State Manager / USA Champ + Country Manager
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
DrNeubie

PreviousNext

Return to US Wiki Discussion