Post by tonestertm
Disagree vehemently with the notion of removing mention of Alleys from PLR, or otherwise deprecating them to Parking Lot use only.
An argument was raised here, in a current thread regarding campgrounds, that Waze officially discourages use of the Parking Lot Road type for anything other than parking.

As I understand the argument, the PLR type is only intended to support locations where multiple vehicles are expected to stop whose drivers may leave their cars (my attempt at summarizing what is being said). It is said that any use besides this should be considered a hack and should be discouraged.
Patently untrue. Waze has never, to my knowledge, indicated that PLR are not to be used for anything but BigAssphalt parking lots, and they play no special part in the machine-learning process for Parking. I've seen suggested parking lot MPs in places where there wasn't a PLR in sight.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!