Post by voludu2
Any more comments on this proposed change?
Any reason NOT TO take this live now?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Based on the information above, I have made a major change to the proposed page:
It now says that a Full Continuity Check is performed for the direct route.

This means that even a single-segment discontinuity will break BDP - which means that many wayfinders which have been on the map for a long time and never used to break BDP will now break BDP by introducing a discontinuity (name and/or type) on the direct path.

Please look this over and let me know if it still seems correct.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
If you would like to fix capitalization, please go right ahead. Thanks.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Karetographer -

I vaguely remember having heard at one time that "only the last segment of the possible detour was checked fo rcontinuity", and that this was supposedly changed later.
We should ask for confirmation that this applies to road type continuity as well as to name continuity.

ojlaw -
I have already rearranged a lot of words in the criteria section, and taken out the "reportedly" phrase, which does not belong there now that the description of other possible chacks.

My goal with this rewrite was to make the criteria / checks up-to-date and easier to understand.
I think the notes cold also use some work. But I'd like to get the criteria / checks finished and handle the notes as a separate task. Does that seem like a viable way to attack this page?

Meanwhile, I have rearranged a lot of words. Please have a look.

thanks!
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Based on feedback received in discord USA wazeopedia channel, I have made more changes. Please give more feedback. on the introduction and criteria for BDP. Thanks.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I won't be around here much in December. Please continue without me.
I think it is best to get the most up-to-date information about the BDP rules out there as soon as possible. If the text is good enough, please make it live.

We can add pictures later, fix the notes later.
Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Thank you to everyone who made a hands-on contribution to getting this page out.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I made the following changes to the page, to make clear that it is the road type group of the last segment before and first segment after the possible detour which determines the max detour length for BDP.

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/in ... did=161890
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Thanks. I made the suggested change.

To fix your language on the USA wazeopedia:
Go to https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Sp ... references
In the second box from the top, you can choose your language.
It's hard to know how to get there if you can't read the links!
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Some wordsmithing has been going on from the top down to the section headed "Criteria".
Please compare the current version to the draft at https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/in ... Mechanisms

Is this getting easier to read? Is it repetitious to give the definitions of detour, direct route, and alternate route twice?
voludu2
Send a message