[Page Update] House Numbers in WME  Topic is solved

Moderators: MapSir, USA Champs

Re: [Page Update] House Numbers in WME

Postby nzahn1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:18 pm

RPP caveat paragraph added to interpolation section.

Thanks for the feedback folks!
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Maryland SM | WME Beta | iOS Beta
WME Profile E-Mail MD Twitter MDForum MDWiki Welcome!
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby itzwolf » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:34 pm

nzahn1 wrote:RPP caveat paragraph added to interpolation section.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

Nick,

I think the page updates are good. The only thing I think needs done now is to update the images to match the new interface changes since it is now in production and here to stay. Many people have been confused with the new interface now there is no longer a sub editing window and the buttons/icons have changed dramatically. The exit button location is one that seems to get people thinking they are stuck in the editor since its to the right of the save button and very easily missed. Having the new toolbar and images on the page detailing the locations would help with this.
Southeast Assistant Regional Coordinator
US Champ / US Country Manager
Florida State Manager

SER Wiki | SER Discord Chat

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
itzwolf
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby tenetienne » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Good work Nick. A lot of thought and time obviously.

The one thing I didn't see after reading through the thread was how many HNs should be placed on a new road. The first thing I think of is 2, so that Waze will be able to calculate new numbers. Nothing like having to state the obvious, but I wouldn't be surprised that the question would probably come up.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby nzahn1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 am

tenetienne wrote:The one thing I didn't see after reading through the thread was how many HNs should be placed on a new road. The first thing I think of is 2, so that Waze will be able to calculate new numbers. Nothing like having to state the obvious, but I wouldn't be surprised that the question would probably come up.

Good question. The safe answer is to add all the HNs that are known. A new development may have gaps in the data, but existing communities should have enough info to fill in most streets.

I'll update the interpolation section to include a qualifier that as many of known HNs should be added, but interpolation can fill in the gaps.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Rank 6 | US Local Champ | Maryland SM | WME Beta | iOS Beta
WME Profile E-Mail MD Twitter MDForum MDWiki Welcome!
nzahn1
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby dude463 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:00 pm

itzwolf wrote:Nick,

I think the page updates are good. The only thing I think needs done now is to update the images to match the new interface changes since it is now in production and here to stay. Many people have been confused with the new interface now there is no longer a sub editing window and the buttons/icons have changed dramatically. The exit button location is one that seems to get people thinking they are stuck in the editor since its to the right of the save button and very easily missed. Having the new toolbar and images on the page detailing the locations would help with this.

I'm going to second having the imagery updated. I've been holding off on sending new editors to this page because of it.
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.
[ img ][ img ]
dude463

Postby dBsooner » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:59 pm

nzahn1 wrote:
tenetienne wrote:The one thing I didn't see after reading through the thread was how many HNs should be placed on a new road. The first thing I think of is 2, so that Waze will be able to calculate new numbers. Nothing like having to state the obvious, but I wouldn't be surprised that the question would probably come up.

Good question. The safe answer is to add all the HNs that are known. A new development may have gaps in the data, but existing communities should have enough info to fill in most streets.

I'll update the interpolation section to include a qualifier that as many of known HNs should be added, but interpolation can fill in the gaps.

I think it should be known, but for those that may not know, we need to state house numbers should not be “guessed”. If you can’t get house numbers from a government agency, WSV, or BOTG, then we should only rely on interpolation. Because if we “guess” at the first and last HN on a new segment, we could inadvertently break routing to that segment by being wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
• AM: Northeast Oklahoma, Southeast Florida
• Wiki: WME | Editing Manual | Best Practices | FAQ | Places
• AT&T | iPhone 7+ | iOS 12.0 | Waze Latest Beta
dBsooner
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby voludu2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 pm

dude463 - would you be able to contribute a new image or propose some new text for the fix to this page?

[ img ]
USA Northeast Region Discord Chat
State Manager - Pennsylvania
Country Manager - USA and Thailand
Wiki Master, Global Mentor
utilitas, simplicitas, retentionis
voludu2
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Previous

Return to US Wiki Discussion