Post by subs5
ldriveskier wrote:
I thought I heard this weekend that guidance was to prefer HNs over RPPs for now?
Good question but that was where the HNs work and you could use either HN or RPP.

In the Marker section it states the anchored HN doesn't work for routing when actual address is through many PLRs. Currently states to use AP or PP. Those options don't work for address search since just cosmetic use of the address. So putting in a RPP would allow users searching by address to be properly routed.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
abc1357 wrote:What is the acceptable format for alphabetical HNs? Is it 1234A, 1234-A, 1234#A, 1234 A (with a space)? Since this is now a USA page, it's best to clarify it.

Only the 1234A and 1234 A formats are allowed. 1234-A and 1234#A are not allowed, easy enough to try in the editor.

The 1234-A gives an error that states unsupported format.
The 1234#A won't even allow the # to be put into the HN bubble.

Also 1234 1/2 is not allowed for HNs, in case you were wondering; also gives an error that states unsupported format.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
I think the Interpolation paragraph should have an addition that Residential place points (RPPs) do not interpolate like House numbers (HNs).

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ho ... erpolation

Specifically add a new third paragraph "Residential place points (RPPs) are not used for interpolation by Waze. Missing addresses that do not have HNs nearby, will default to third party sources or interpolation from 3rd party sources."

The current third paragraph becomes 4th paragraph. This is the one that starts with "Finally, Waze will estimate some house numbers beyond where house numbers are marked in the WME. "
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
I know but since there was a question in MAR about it, thought it might be worth restating in the place that I noted above. If others disagree that is fine, but trying to make it easy for people since this section does say RPPs and HNs at same priority and then goes into interpolation w/o stating not applicable for RPPs.

So do others think it should be added?
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by tenetienne
Good work Nick. A lot of thought and time obviously.

The one thing I didn't see after reading through the thread was how many HNs should be placed on a new road. The first thing I think of is 2, so that Waze will be able to calculate new numbers. Nothing like having to state the obvious, but I wouldn't be surprised that the question would probably come up.
tenetienne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by voludu2
dude463 - would you be able to contribute a new image or propose some new text for the fix to this page?
voludu2
Send a message

Post by westfordjoe
In User:Nzahn1/House_Numbers_in_WME, it seems to me that these statements conflict with each other:

The stop point should be placed:

# Where you would park if you wanted to park closest to the main entrance to the building or an entrance to the building parking lot.

# Where the driveway intersects the road. For houses with driveway which intersects the same road more than once or two different roads, put the stop point where the mailbox is located.

If I'm dealing with a business, the parking spot closest to the main entrance to the building is often a long way from where the driveway intersects the road. Should the HN or RPP stop point be located near the main entrance to the building OR where the driveway intersects the road? If it's an HN, I'm not sure it's possible to locate the stop point anywhere but on the road to which the HN belongs.

Also, can we make it clear somewhere in the HN Wazeop that business PPs require both a PP and either an HN or and RPP? As a new editor, this isn't clear to me from reading the Wazeop.

Joe
westfordjoe
Send a message