[Page Update] Editing restrictions

Post by ldriveskier
The Editing restrictions page needs to be updated to include the new permissions released today in WME version v2.4-21. In particular,

* Changes in permissions: L1 editors cannot delete segments unless they created it themselves
* Changes in permissions: L1&2 editors cannot set difficult turns
* Changes in permissions: L1 editors cannot close URs

Would anyone object to a direct update of the page or should I copy it to my user space, make the changes, and post here for approval?
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:17198063

Send a message

Post by jm6087
yjanayas wrote:Can someone help me by informing the action DELETE SEGMENT what restrictions it has regarding the editor level and number of deletions and if he created the segment himself. Thank you.
Are you talking about something like this
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ed ... Rank_table
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by juliansean
Quick thinking. Good job getting this started right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by jushag
In a recent discussion about external providers, some conflicting information was found on the rank required. The Editing Restrictions page states that external providers can only be edited by L3+ editors - this should be L2+ editors.
jushag
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jushag
Best I can tell, the rank template that you posted is the documentation for the actual template page: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Template:Rank. Editing the source on that template page shows the different keywords that can be used with the {{Rank|}} command and the values associated. If this is in fact where {{Rank}} is looking for those values, placeexternal will need to be updated to 2 there.

On a side note, in the Places WOP External Providers page the rank for external providers is hard coded to 2, and does not use the {{Rank}} lookup.
jushag
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by jushag
voludu2 wrote:@ldriveskier - Yes. That should be added right away.
I spoke with Lisa about this and went ahead and updated the rank table to include forcing house numbers:

https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ed ... Rank_table
jushag
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
Is there any particular order to the Rank table? My best guess is that it is in the order the restrictions are discussed throughout the page?

ETA: I added the three lines where I think they make sense, but perhaps the table can be reordered alphabetically? Or by minimum rank? If it looks relatively random to me, then I'd guess I won't be the only one and it should be clearer.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Last edited by ldriveskier on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ldriveskier
My proposed changes:

For * Changes in permissions: L1 editors cannot delete segments unless they created it themselves

In the Segment lock effects section,
1. Modify the last bullet under the can list: "Delete an unlocked road from a junction with the locked segment if it had been created by them."
2. Add a statement at the end (or before the 'However...." closing statement?): "A rank 1 editor can only delete segments that have been created by themselves that has not been since been locked higher than a rank 1 lock."

Also, add a line to the table at the bottom with the relevant information.

For * Changes in permissions: L1&2 editors cannot set difficult turns

The only place RTC restrictions related to what rank is able to set them are mentioned is in the table at the end (the mention of setting closures in the "Segment lock effects" section is only related to not being able to add RTCs on segments locked above one's rank). I would think it would also be appropriate for the difficult turns restriction to only be listed in the table?

For * Changes in permissions: L1 editors cannot close URs

Would this be ok to only list in the table or should we add a new section about URs that spells out that L1 editors can do everything with URs except close them?
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
One more question. There are a few other pages dealing with the topics of the new permissions that should probably each have a line added. For example, the UR Close section should mention that and editor needs to be R2+ to close a UR. Similarly, the DT page and the section about deleting roads should mention the new permissions. Should I start a new topic for each different Wazeopedia page that I think needs the minor update?
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message