[Template update] Rank

Moderators: MapSir, USA Champs

Re: [Template update] Rank

Postby ehepner1977 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:30 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:
I'm proposing we add:

* Change Street Name Unlimited - 2 - Minimum rank to change an unlimited number of street names.
* Change Street Names Daily - 30 - Number of street names that can be changed per day when editor rank is less than {{Rank|Change Street Name Unlimited}}.
* Delete Segment Unlimited - Minimum editor rank to delete an unlimited number of segments not created by self.
* Delete Segment Daily - 10 - Number of segments that can be deleted per day when editor rank is less than {{Rank|Delete Segment Unlimited}}.

Note we already have:
* Delete Segment - 2 - Minimum editor rank to delete a segment not created by self.

I concur.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Kartografer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 pm

I updated the rank template to reflect that R4 editors can create and edit junction boxes.
Kartografer
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Kartografer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:29 am

Yeah I'm not sure of the wording but something about how they auto-lock to the highest level of the road segments under them. IMO this should be on the JB page alone, because it's essentially no different from closures or anything else associated with segments. It is unexpected though, because the JB displays as a separate object.
Kartografer
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Kartografer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:37 pm

After a bit more testing, I can confirm that JB locks simply adjust with the locks of segments under them, with a minimum of 4. How about adding at the beginning of the editing section:
[quote]Junction boxes require rank {{Rank|JB}} or higher to create or edit them. Since they modify segments, their lock adjusts to match the highest level of their included segments[/url]. I also wonder if the editing section should be before the effects in editor section. That seems to fit more logically.
Kartografer
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:54 pm

I think through the various editors updates we have gotten the template parameters out of sync with the doc parameters. The doc page must use at least one of the parameters on the actual template page. It is OK if the template includes terms not on the documentation page for historical purposes, but that might lead to confusion long term.

The template code is case insensitive, but not "space" insensitive. I believe we only created unspaced terms when they were not words but acted more like variables. Currently the "place" related parameters were the only unspaced parameters and all others were spaced.

TemplateDocumentationComment
closureClosureOK
segmentdeleteDelete SegmentPick one or the other word first and include both with and without a space. I propose Delete Segment.
dt / difficultturnDT / Difficult TurnAdd the spaced version to the template code
jb / junction boxJB / Junction BoxOK
hn / forceHN / ForceOK
placeautotrustPlaceAutoTrustOK
placeeditsPlaceEditsOK
placeexternalPlaceExternalOK
placeflagPlaceFlagOK
placeflagapprovalPlaceFlagApprovalOK
mteMTEOK
routingRoutingOK
cityCityOK
snapshotSnapshotOK
serverServerOK
am / area managerAM / Area ManagerOK
urcloseClose URPick one or the other word first and include both with and without a space. I propose Close UR.

For the two conflicting terms with reversed orders, I'd be OK to include both orders in the template code to support anything already in use. I'd also be OK adding both spaces and unspaced parameters to the template, but only list the spaced version on the doc page.Therefore the template would be updated with:
TemplateDocumentation
segmentdelete / deletesegment / delete segmentDelete Segment
dt / difficultturn / difficult turnDT / Difficult Turn
jb / junctionbox / junction boxJB / Junction Box
am / areamanager / area managerAM / Area Manager
urclose / closeur / close urClose UR
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47 am

If we don't get any push back by this weekend, I propose we move forward with the changes I proposed in the table above. I'm open to any editor making the change if I am not around. I agree to add a note in the code to help guide editors with new additions to the template.

Note that I already added the new Headlight Reminder for Segments since we have a page with that information in the WoP now.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:15 pm

I made the above changes today.

I think we should consider adding some of the new variables for the delete/change limitations on the lower ranks.

New Permission system - ENABLED
- User rank 1 will be able to change a max of 30 street names within per day
Updating primary/alternative street name is both counted. Changing both is counted as 2.
- User Rank 2 will be able to delete a max of 10 segments within per day
Deleting your own segments is not limited, but still counted toward the total limit of 10. For example, the user deletes 5 segments other owns, now deletes 5 segments he owns. He can continue deleting his segments but not others.

I'm proposing we add:

* Change Street Name Unlimited - 2 - Minimum rank to change an unlimited number of street names.
* Change Street Names Daily - 30 - Number of street names that can be changed per day when editor rank is less than {{Rank|Change Street Name Unlimited}}.
* Delete Segment Unlimited - Minimum editor rank to delete an unlimited number of segments not created by self.
* Delete Segment Daily - 10 - Number of segments that can be deleted per day when editor rank is less than {{Rank|Delete Segment Unlimited}}.

Note we already have:
* Delete Segment - 2 - Minimum editor rank to delete a segment not created by self.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:47 pm

voludu2 wrote:Good idea. Will there be abbreviations or Acronyms? Or is the list getting long enough that it is best to stick with whole words?

Great question. IMHO, I don't think abbreviations for these are a good option mainly because:

1. They are entered in only a few places, so it is not so onerous to type it out a few times.
  2. Future editors might not know the translation and may overlook a misplaced letter giving the wrong results from the template.
  3. If we generated abbreviations for these flags, I doubt we are likely to use them in our common conversations, so they are likely to be forgotten.

Having said that, we do have a few abbreviations in the table which are used outside of this template, so they are more likely to be known and understood when coming upon them in the page code.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 pm

The proposed changes have been added.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:01 am

subs5 wrote:Should there be a statement that the editor's rank must be equal or greater than the highest lock level in the junction box? Ex a Rank 5 editor or higher is needed to make or edit a junction box that included a L5 road segment.

I didn't realize that was the case, but if true then I would say that is a good addition.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Next

Return to US Wiki Discussion