[Page update] Rest Area - Harmonize recent update

Post by CitizenTraffic
With the addition of the Rest Area category, several changes were introduced. Updated the Places and Rest Areas pages.

Places [https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Places]
[*]Change parent category from Outdoors to Transportation
[*]Move parent category for proper grouping
[*]Update category from Rest Area / Scenic Overlook to Rest Area

Rest Areas [https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Rest_areas]
[*]Update Place Categories from Rest Area / Scenic Overlook to Rest Area and change (under Outdoors) to (under Transportation)
CitizenTraffic

POSTER_ID:17063191

Send a message

Post by CitizenTraffic
Not sure why, either. Last time I check, it just had Scenic Overlook and was wreaking havoc on my rest areas.
CitizenTraffic
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
I'll make a change to the translation in the next day or so and Rest Area will go away from scenic overlook next time they pull the strings.
ehepner1977  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by JB15TM
Any chance we can get an automatic update to switch all the existing Rest Area / Scenic Overlook (outdoors) to Rest Area (transportation)?
JB15TM  
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by JB15TM
RichardPyne wrote:
JB15TM wrote:Any chance we can get an automatic update to switch all the existing Rest Area / Scenic Overlook (outdoors) to Rest Area (transportation)?
Then we'd have to find and fix all of the Scenic Overlooks. I think finding the Rest Areas will be easier as they will all be along significant highways.

Good point. I was not sure which would be more complicated - and it may be state or region dependent. I know in Michigan there is a MDOT list of "signed" rest areas.
JB15TM  
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by jm6087
WME still has Rest Area / Scenic Overlook listed, along with just Rest Area. The Places wiki shows Scenic Overlook / Viewpoint (not sure why)
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by jm6087
en-US has Rest Area / Scenic Overlook and has for a while that I recall. Not sure about the other languages.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by RichardPyne
JB15TM wrote:Any chance we can get an automatic update to switch all the existing Rest Area / Scenic Overlook (outdoors) to Rest Area (transportation)?
Then we'd have to find and fix all of the Scenic Overlooks. I think finding the Rest Areas will be easier as they will all be along significant highways.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Sounds like we might get a good response by moving this part of the discussion (how to highlight scenic overlooks) to the Scripts forum.
voludu2
Send a message