Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by ldriveskier
Kartografer wrote:I like the 200 foot rule used in the speed limit page. I recommend following that here, so under implementation I would recommend:
[*]If your new node would be placed within a few dozen 200 feet of an existing node, you can either use the existing node as one end of the bridge, or, if desired, add the node for the elevation change and then add a junction box. If elevations are displayed in the app in any way similar to how they are displayed now in Live Map, 200 more feet of positive elevation is barely noticeable.
The 200 foot rule is used in the current versions of True Elevation in SER and WV (that I know of). There were discussions in Discord about changing this to what is in the current draft, which also matches the SCR version of TE. I think we should keep the 200 foot rule of thumb. It also helps that it is familiar to editors from the SL page.
ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
Looks like a great start. I'll be interested to follow along and see how this is implemented. I know in some dense urban areas, additional considerations have to be made along freeways to prevent poor data collection.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter