Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

[Page Update] Live Map

Post by juliansean
I would like to propose an addition to the Livemap section of our Wiki. Under the search box section I think we should add that the results from the search come from Google Maps and not from WME. Too many of our new editors can't figure out why Livemap is right and Waze is wrong or Waze is right and Livemap is wrong. A simple sentence addition would clear things up. https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Li ... Search_box
Search box
Search box In the Search/Navigate box click on Search if it is not already highlighted. Place the mouse cursor in the text field and enter the address or place of interest, then press find. If the description entered has more than one match, a list will be displayed. Search results come from a Google Maps search, and could differ from the Waze App search results. If the desired match is not visible in that list, add additional parts of the address to limit the search and press find again. Once the desired destination is visible, select it. A pin will be placed at the location and the map will recenter on the pin.
If the live map is only displaying blue water everywhere, it may be necessary to zoom out and move the map to the continent desired. When the map is near a particular continent that does not have the destination desired, it may be difficult to search for it without first moving the map to the correct continent.

Once the searched location is identified, use the mouse to select the point under the pin to bring up the selection box.
I put in bold the part I would like to add.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:17369317

Send a message
Last edited by juliansean on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by jm6087
steelpanz wrote:Very good point - not only for newer editors, but also for us aged ones as well :)
Speak for yourself for aged. I am matured not aged :)
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by juliansean
sketch wrote:Great addition. I wonder if we should perhaps also add an Mbox warning just below this saying something like "Please note that the Livemap search mechanism is not suitable for testing app search problems."
I don't know how to do this, but hopefully the wiki masters can figure it out.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
Thank you. If it goes to production, hopefully they'll add the Mbox.
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Any chance of us getting this added to the wiki?

Thanks!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
Excellent! Thanks for helping me with this project @mvan231!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by Mvan231
It looks like everyone is in agreement to make the change.

Are you needing assistance in getting it added in? I made this page quick in my user space and the diff too

my user space page

diff
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by Mvan231
I just submitted the agreed changes to the USA page now
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor

Post by Mvan231
As a side note, I'm working on updating the images as well. Some of them are quite out of date and we may need to make further modifications to the wording of the page because of it. Getting to the navigation menu is a bit more difficult now than what the previous images show
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor