New Dirt Road in WME

Post by id35
I've noticed a new checkbox in WME: Dirt Road / 4x4 Trail
This is not the same as when you choose "Dirt Road / 4x4 Trail" as road type since it does not affect the look in the map. It's also confusing with the same namn in 2 places.
Does anybody know which effect it has on the routing and how it should be used in Thailand?
id35
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16954720

Send a message

Post by benandjerry
Since "dirt road" is no longer available in the WME and has been renamed "unpaved", I have updated the wiki accordingly.

wiki
benandjerry
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
Not yet. Heard some opinions but nothing final yet. Would have been nice if the new version of WME came with some instructions.

Sent from my HTC_M8
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Dutchdirt
This feature allows us to type a road according to routing importance (PS, mH, etc) AND to designate the road surface (dirt or not).
The checked box 'dirt road' or the road type 'dirt road' should have a similar effect on your routing, depending on the settings you have chosen in the app.

For Thailand this doesn't change things as we have chosen only to use the 'dirt road' designation for badly rutted roads which are only drivable with a 4x4 with a high ground clearance. As stated in the Thailand Wiki.

Sent from my HTC_M8
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message