Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

Postby afoulger » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:51 pm

I'm using the latest version of app radio, waze, and 6.1.2 on an iPhone 4. I'm using the avH-X5500BHS pioneer unit. I've noticed that I can type using the keyboard but the unit doesn't have the ability to scroll. Is this an issue with that specific Pioneer unit or could it be Waze?
afoulger

Postby babaoriley7 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:55 pm

I am using waze (3.6.0.0) via Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. I cannot input an addresses through the HU. iPhone 4s, IOS 6.1.3.

After starting AppRadio, opening waze and selecting navigate, I first get a message stating the driver cannot input information - even if I'm not moving. Then I select passenger. The keyboard is visible, but does not function.
babaoriley7

Postby babaoriley7 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:34 pm

I have tried deleting the app, reinstalling. I also registered after having not been registered previously. I'll try again just to be sure I guess.
babaoriley7

Postby babaoriley7 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:35 pm

babaoriley7 wrote:I am using waze (3.6.0.0) via Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. I cannot input an addresses through the HU. iPhone 4s, IOS 6.1.3.

After starting AppRadio, opening waze and selecting navigate, I first get a message stating the driver cannot input information - even if I'm not moving. Then I select passenger. The keyboard is visible, but does not function.

Update on my issue, I first get the Waze message saying that you cannot enter when moving but you can select passenger. I select passenger, and then I press in the text box, which then gives me a message (from AppRadio? it i black box not formatted anything like something from Waze) says you cannot enter information when moving. The only other variable that I could see attributing to this is that I drive a manual transmission so there is no "Park" mode. I've tried it while the car is in neutral and I've tried it with the parking brake on. I would guess the problem stems from that, but if others are able to enter information when moving then maybe not.

The other odd thing, is that my phone keyboard is unavailable in all apps until I reset the phone. Very annoying.
babaoriley7

Postby cpkendall » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:31 pm

Just want to add that I'm getting the same issue on the AVH-8400BT. It used to work. I tried deleting and re-installing Waze on my iPhone 4, but no joy.

Still love Waze, and the stereo's not bad, but really need the keyboard to work.
cpkendall

Postby davatt » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:27 pm

I have the same issue after the upgrade at ios 6.

Please can you help me ?

thanks in advance
davatt

Postby DMZamora » Fri May 31, 2013 1:21 am

palmerit wrote:
afoulger wrote:I'm using the latest version of app radio, waze, and 6.1.2 on an iPhone 4. I'm using the avH-X5500BHS pioneer unit. I've noticed that I can type using the keyboard but the unit doesn't have the ability to scroll. Is this an issue with that specific Pioneer unit or could it be Waze?

I went through the entire app. I created a bug report for each screen that scrolling didn't work. As of now, all of those bugs are marked as fixed in the next beta.

As soon as I get the beta, I will confirm. But it sounds like the next release will make a few appradio guys happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scroll bugs were fixed, except for alert comments.
ImageImage
Dúvidas? Que tal iniciar pelos links úteis?
DMZamora

Re: Pioneer Appradio keyboard

Postby flthc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Same problem here! I'm so frustrated that waze will be deleted if this issue is not fixed soon!!!
flthc

Postby flthc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Same problem here! I'm so frustrated that waze will be deleted if this issue is not fixed soon!!!
flthc

Postby gzoja » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi, I've the same problem. The keyboard appears but I cannot input any text.
IPhone 4S, iOS 6.0 and pioneer avh-8400BT.
gzoja

Next

Return to Waze App