Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

Postby top_gun_de » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 pm

stephenstrath wrote:Really hope this gets resolved ASAP. I mean you buy a product that says it works with waze.. and at the moment waze in the car is useless to me. Had to start using a different Navigation app, I hope the developers fix the keyboard issue so I can start using waze again.

I suggest that you address this to Pioneer as well. Their App Radio seems a little stalled at the moment. :-(

Best regards,

Detlev

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

Postby purringpumas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 am

my iphone 5 no longer connects to my app radio with waze. what's going on? has support been dropped for the app radio?

using iphone 5 to connect to pioneer 940bt with apple 30 pin to lightning adapter
purringpumas

Pioneer Appradio keyboard

Postby stephenstrath » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Still waiting for a fix for the keyboard in pioneer appradio. Both the keyboard on the phone or on the unit refuse to input text into any text fields. Not sure what the hold up is, but I'm loosing patients with waze. I have already contacted pioneer to let them know advertising that waze is compatible with it's product is false advertising and as it stands waze is useless to me until waze developers fix this problem. I understand this is a free program, but since your free gps program doesn't work I've had to purchase an alternative. I find the support from waze the worst I have come across. I love the program and its great features but to take over a month to fix a critical issue such as useability is vital. I hope waze can get it together. As there are several threads open talking about this problem and what I find is no developer or admin ever acknowledges they have received the users feedback and are working on a fix for us. I hope I can soon return to waze, as I do love the program but its useless until the keyboard issue is addressed.
stephenstrath

Re: Pioneer Appradio keyboard

Postby kiben » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:31 am

same problem here.. kinda frustrating because if you need to search for a route you can't input anything at all.. i hope they can fix this problem..
kiben

Re: Pioneer Appradio keyboard

Postby flthc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:38 pm

Same problem here! I'm so frustrated that waze will be deleted if this issue is not fixed soon!!!
flthc

Postby flthc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Same problem here! I'm so frustrated that waze will be deleted if this issue is not fixed soon!!!
flthc

Re: Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)keyboard

Postby sgoodwin1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 am

the waze onscreen keyboard does not work on the radio or iphone 4s when connected to appradio it wont allow you to input to navigate please fix. also can we get some ipod controls?
sgoodwin1

Re: Re: Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

Postby Scorp42 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 am

purringpumas wrote:my iphone 5 no longer connects to my app radio with waze. what's going on? has support been dropped for the app radio?

using iphone 5 to connect to pioneer 940bt with apple 30 pin to lightning adapter

Technically, this may not be a Waze issue. Pioneer doesn't support the iphone 5 yet. They have gone so far as to post a compatibility matrix and a known issues list. Ill find it and add it to the next post.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
Scorp42

Postby Scorp42 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 am

Looks like they've updated the page since I last saw it.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... patibility

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
Scorp42

Postby izrod » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 am

So, whose fault is it? Pioneer for not updating firmware of their head units (AppRadio 2 SPH-DA100 here) or Waze for not coding properly for said head units. I am curious... as in $650 curious. That would be one hell of a mistake on my end. I love waze but I will most certainly discontinue using it.
As of right now SPH-DA100 AppRadio 2, iPhone 4s with 30pin connector.
1. Unable to type anywhere.
2. Unable to scroll up/down
3. After latest 3.5.3 update I get a weird issue. I haven't narrowed it down yet but when I switch back to Waze and it gets re-displayed on my head unit the image is smaller on the sides with a blue (or pinkish, can't remember) color, as if the Waze image is compressed from left and right and you have bars on the side. Simply double clicking on the iPhone home button and then back on the app fixes it to where it is displayed in full.
izrod

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App